Espace 4 privelege
Scenic 3 privelege

wanted
Fuego nearly bought one
alpine (dream)
Safrane 2
Vel Satis
Avantine
kerax (business, backed out due to recession)

won't bore you with want list.

list to be extended in future no doubt.
Trying to get Renault to give me some loyalty points

·
Premium Member
5,250 Posts
1993 - (87) Renault 5 Gordini (went missing in north london 93)
2003 - (97) Laguna RT 1.8 (upgraded to Sport spec) (stripped and scrapped 2010)
2009 - (02) Laguna grand sport Tourer 1.8 /LPG privilege(upgraded to initial spec) - (scrapped thanks to idiot friend ragging it to death 2014)
2015 - (01) Megane-Scenic 1.9Dci-Exp - (stripped as spare parts for other scenic 2015)
2015 - (02) Megane-Scenic 1.9Dci-Privilege...

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
2003 - (97) Laguna RT 1.8 (upgraded to Sport spec) (stripped and scrapped 2010)

Mord, what were the differences with the sport spec? I am currently working on getting one of these back on the road and wouldn't mind some subtle upgrades!?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I am on my second Renault, but, I have had Renault for around 12 years now, and my next car will also be Renault. First one was 1996 Mk1 Laguna 1.8 RT, second is Laguna Mk2 1.8 Extreme, going back to my Mk1 next year, missing it too much and never gelled with the Mk2, drove the Mk1 for 9 years, most reliable car I have owned to date, could go anywhere and never worry about breaking down.
I don't care what others "think" of Renault, my experiences have been good!

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,525 Posts
Bought and sold e few over the years, can not hand on heart say they are any better or worse than other makes of cars, One of my customers who I sold one years ago has never gone for a different make since,

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts
i've owned many a Renault and the only car iI ever had problems with was a MK2 Clio which we got week of launch it was rejected ..turns out most had similar problems
In 2001 I purchased a brand new Golf diesel which broke down in the garage forecourt turned out the car had a faulty relay ..but it was the biggest pile of 5hit i ever owned ....Every manufacturer have problems as now you "REALLY" dont get a bad car

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Annoys the hell out of me when people make jibes about my Renaults, of course I am now biased as I wouldn't have anything else.
But what is not to like? They have the nicest interiors in my opinion compared to the bland plastic other brands. The second hand cars are way cheaper for the amount of car you get for your money. They certainly are not rust buckets now either, my friend has a 2009 Octavia with rusty front wheel arches, as we know, its a cheaper version of the Passat.
I had a sticky front brake caliper a couple of years ago, guy said to when I was working on it, "Would you not be better scrapping it", I thought to myself, would you scrap your car for the same thing....hell no!
Funny thing was, the wiper motor went on his much newer expensive jeep, over £400 just for the motor, cost to fix mine - £0, just dirty hands and a smudge of copper grease which I had in the tool box, I will stick to my old Renault thanks! :d

·
Premium Member
5,250 Posts
you should have tried the lag2 initial.
all the toys are fitted to that and the ride is lovely.

laguna mk1 executive, monaco, concode had, full electronic air-con, dash anti-slip cover over the airbag, locking glove compartment, passenger side center consol neting pocket, (i think heated seats), electric heated mirrors, full leather seats, all electric windows, rear boot spoiler, rear boot was de-locked(button only), vented front spoiler, trims on the door sills, mud flaps, cd-radio, multichanger optional, abs, mid dash satnav. seats had lumbar support, heated. no all electronic movement(that was lag2's). gas shocks on front and back. cruise control/speed limiter, trip computer, later ones had option for talky computer(satnav models only)
there was also a key-lock under the dash for disabling the chatty computer i think.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
you should have tried the lag2 initial.
all the toys are fitted to that and the ride is lovely.

laguna mk1 executive, monaco, concode had, full electronic air-con, dash anti-slip cover over the airbag, locking glove compartment, passenger side center consol neting pocket, (i think heated seats), electric heated mirrors, full leather seats, all electric windows, rear boot spoiler, rear boot was de-locked(button only), vented front spoiler, trims on the door sills, mud flaps, cd-radio, multichanger optional, abs, mid dash satnav. seats had lumbar support, heated. no all electronic movement(that was lag2's). gas shocks on front and back. cruise control/speed limiter, trip computer, later ones had option for talky computer(satnav models only)
there was also a key-lock under the dash for disabling the chatty computer i think.
Impressive, ebay will be getting a hammering now, my poor wallet!!! :rofl:

·
22,708 Posts

·
22,708 Posts
Isn't it just! How much were they back in the day, could be a viable option for me to get the bits I want, then sell it on for even less, everyone's a winner!
its had money spent on it check its mot history

·
Premium Member
5,250 Posts
i missed a bit,

flip down sun visors had flip up illuminated mirrors.
heated windscreen had a green top tint
radio key locking, or IR with ultrasonic alarm sensors.
rear parcel shelf had a sun visor that drew up and clipped into plug in roof lining clips.

some EXE bits i still have in storage, i just couldnt bear to chuck them away when the car was scrapped. the scrappy who collected it was disapointed i had butchered the car so heavily.(compared to what i did to the scenic its nothing), only got £75 for it...

parts are for sale, got loads of bits boxed up in storage, pm for details.

with fat 17" tyres and MAD spring assistors on the rear shocks, diesel engine spings on the front, it ran round corners like it was on rails, good pull away in low revs, i always found F3 and F4 engines were good at torque at low to med revs and crap at higher than 4k and needed a new timing belt if over 4,500rpm. max speed across poland i got upto on a F4 was 103mph(163kph), knackered the speed limit and the timing belt, and upset the local plod in their octava's, zinging through too many motorway cameras and signs flashing 110 kph....:devil:

bit i missed, the x4 200W+(+ tweeters) speakers and JBL 400W(rms) power amp, used to have a sub as well, so loud you couldnt hear a cop car with the blues n twos going 6" off the back bumper up the M2 :d

·
Premium Member
5,250 Posts
still lots of bits that can be tweaked up on that model, suspension, alloys, sound system, big bore SS sports exhaust system, window wind deflectors, satnav, handsfree kit, in car tv monitors in the back of the front seats.

141 - 160 of 178 Posts