Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My fluid hasn't been changed in 10 years / 59K. Does it need changing and can you simply gravity bleed it, without touching the pedal?
Thank you.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,078 Posts
YES Braders. gravity would work.
AS @Dancingdad has mentioned, you have changed the brake fluid, it will mix with clutch system, and will be fine
Word of warning here.
IF the clutch is working, and no issues with the clutch pedal returning.
LEAVE ALONE.
Stop finding jobs to do..
Buy a car to play with, one you can learn as much as you want on, with no worries if it goes T1ts up.
SCENIC 2 is one of the best to learn on,

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It returns nicely, so I guess it's all good. I did however change the pollen filter today. Very hard, having to remove clutch pedal (carefully).

I've got this mental block that the arrows are facing the wrong way even though I checked before pushing the filter in. If it was the wrong way around, will it do much harm?

I've heard they just clog up a little faster.

Cheers.

·
38,078 Posts
Arrows show which way the air is coming/pushing through the filter..
With the filter out, put your hand inside, switch fan on, what ever side of your hand you feel the blow, thats the direction air has to pass through the filter

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Arrows must face the cabin on my car.

Despite checking, I still have it in my head that I've put it in the wrong way, even though I checked before installing.

If a pollen filter is facing the wrong way, what effect can it have?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,514 Posts
I didn't think they were handed anyway ?
Some filters are because of shape or seals but if simply the convolutes, dunno why it would be.
What does the old one look like on the side not already pictured ?

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My old filter, along the top, uses a hard foam that is at a 45 degree angle. Some aftermarket filters don't. Instead, they use a U-Flap. My research shows the U-Flap should be on the upside.

I just have it in my head that I got the arrow the wrong way. What will happen if I have?

·
38,078 Posts
It will restrict flow, but depending, some will deform, or even separate and allow the material to get pushed into the vents..

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Cheers. I do remember checking before putting it in so It's all good. Also finished the gearbox oil change. Capacity is 2.7lt but only around 2.5lt came out so after putting two and a half 3lt bottles in, the oil started gushing out the fill port. I let the excess flow out until it turned to a steady dribble, then replaced the fill port seal. Runs really well. Downshifting is significantly smoother since!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts