Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Changing Laguna 1 pollen filter

Heres a 'how to' on changing the pollen filter on the Laguna 1.Although this was done on a Lag 1 Phase 2 model,I'm sure it's the same procedure for a Phase 1....

Firstly,make sure the ignition is off,and open the bonnet.Pull the rubber seal(A) away from the metal edge(B).

Locate the 2 screws in the plastic scuttle panel cover to the nearside rear of the engine bay.Screw 1 is a plastic T30 torx,screw 2 is a metal T20 torx.The plastic one screws out a little way,and then can be pulled out.

Next,remove the plastic grille,and this will expose the lower cover......

The lower cover unclips and comes out,and you should then be able to see the filter(yellow shaded area,as I'd already taken mine out..).The filter just pulls out.BE CAREFUL not to drop anything down the exposed hole,as it could get stuck in the heater blower fan and burn it out when you go to use it!

Spot the difference!.I think it's obvious which ones the new filter,and which one is the old one.....(Motaquip part number VCF110)

The filter is a bit of a fiddle to get back in,and you must be careful not to crush or damage it.The 'cut off corner' of the filter goes to the top left as you look at it from the front.When it's in,it should look like this.....

And in the best Haynes Manual fashion,re-fitting is the reversal of removal!.The T30 plastic screw just pushes back in,and doesn't need screwing back in.It just acts as a clip....

I hope someone finds this usefull in the future.:)

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Good Stuff

Excellent post Lag, so thats where the little b--gg-r lives, I got the first bit right when I was trying to do mine but I didn't realise there was another plate to remove. Great Help.
Regards Leroy:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think mine had been changed for sometime!.It was absolutely shot!.

When you turn the fan on now,the air flow tries to take your head off!:)

L

·
0 Posts
Good tips there Lag, never knew they had one tbh and what a difference in yours! when I've got some spare time I might just check mine now I know it exists! :d

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's worth a look....

Pollen filters are quite often over looked when the car is being serviced.I have seen cars that have a full Main Dealer service history,and the filters not been changed for years.(Not just Renaults,either!)

:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could a mod please move this to the 'How to' section,please?.

Thank-you

Love

Lagdti:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Leroy,did you manage to change yours?:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've just changed the filter in my new Lag,and I think it was in a worst condition than the one I changed in my old Lag....

Urghhhhh......:(:(:(

I now have lots of lovely fresh air.:):):)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I strongly suspect your Scenic would....

I've never changed one on a Scenic before,but from the illustration I have it looks like it's hidden up behind the glovebox.There should be a removable flap there somewhere and the filter pulls down and out.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Scenic pollen filter

Hi coffemaddad - have a look in your handbook or service schedule book - or contact a Renault dealer - if your car is fitted with air/con it is essential a serviceable filter is present otherwise it becomes very ineffective and ultimately the car will use more fuel - in some instances up to 10% more. A pollen filter usually cost £10-15 - so you wouldn't be long in getting your money back. Many motorists fail to realise that air conditioning cost money to run. You nothing for nothing in this world - there's no such thing as free lunch. If its the same as the Laguna 2 its behind the glove box - but I'm not certain - maybe others can comment.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
To confirm, yes the procedure is exactly the same for Laguna 1 phase 1 & 2, although I recall experiencing slight difficulty reftting the black cover over the filter (not the scuttle panel). Not looking forward to having to do this on the Espace though.. must read up on it.

My old Mondeo had a pollen filter even though it had no air con, so best check if yours has the filter or not coffeemad

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Pollen filter probs

Yeh coffeemaddad as tazzyK suggests having no aircon doesn't mean there is no pollen filter. Pollen filters were introduced long before aircon became popular. A blocked pollen filter cause the heater motor to work a lot harder and as a resilt will tend to overheat. I don't know about you but I would rather check out the pollen filter than wait until the heater motor burns out. A tenner for a filter sounds a much cheaper option to me. Good luvk!

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Cheers for the how to Lag. Came in handy as I had to change my pollen filter today. Didn't do what I wanted it to do though coz I think the previous owner left it and left it until the motor had burnt out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 52 plate renualt initiale, Where is the pollen filter in this model, as the diagrams above are different to what is in my car. Can someone please point me to the right place

many thanks

1 - 20 of 48 Posts