Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have tiede everything possible to fix my laguna from over heating think i could be pump drove 30 miles to see if i fixed it bleed system replaced coolant flushed out system let air out
cleaned out matrix after the 30 miles the bottom radiator house was still cold temp reading was a half light on but now stays on even when car is cold can anyone helptried a post yesterday about the sensors but noone replyed can anyone please help

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Mally, If the top radiator hose is hot and the bottom hose is cold it looks like you've a blocked radiator. The bottom hose will be always that bit cooler than the top hose as into between the radiator should have expelled some of the heat. Have you any heat coming from the heater and have you checked the thermostat.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flushed system out cleaned matrix having no luck getting another therm to check are howwould i check it

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Take the existing thermostat out of its housing. Attach a piece fo wire place it in a pot of water on the cooker (ensure there is enough water to cover it completely) and start to heat it - it should start open at about 90 degrees Centigrade - just before the water boils. If it opens remove it from the hot water and let it cool slowly and watch closely to see if closes. If it's duff try running the car with the stat removed. When filling the coolant system open all the bleeders first and pour the coolant in very slowly - this allows time for any trapped air to escape.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts