Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just taken delivery of '10 Megane (factory type BZ0V06).
I'm finding the hands-free mode difficult in e.g. a petrol station when I have an adult passenger and I need to go to a kiosk to pay.
The key card is on a ring which also has supermarket bar codes.
If I leave the card in the car I can't get my supermarket loyalty points.
If I take the card with me my adult passenger gets locked in and, if she tries to get out, the alarm goes off.

Surely there must be a way of disabling the hands-free mode, so that the car is only locked when I press a card button,
but I can find no reference in the manual.

Suggestions anyone?

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
I haven't found a way to disable it but I have found a couple of solutions when I am out with the missus.
1) give the missus the spare key to keep in her bag
2) press the unlock button when I leave the car. It won't relock.

I did try doing nothing, and telling the missus to keep still and quiet. That wasn't a good idea.

·
Registered
100 Posts
There is a fiddly way of disabling the alarm in these circumstances (in the manual which I haven't got with me at the moment, and I think you have to do it every time because it re-arms when you start the car again). I get round it if I'm leaving a passenger in the car by leaving the driver's door slightly ajar.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Yeah - just let it auto-lock then unlock with the card, if it's the same as a Clio it won't lock again until the car has been running again. A bit of a fiddle, but you really get used to the car locking itself as you walk away.

In fact, I was driving my daughter's Mitsubishi Outlander a few months ago, and wondered why it wasn't locking when I left it in a car park..... you actually have to press a lock button!! How old fashioned!!! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
ajc1200
Independent Renault Forums
RenaultForums.co.uk is the best place to discuss the French automaker’s cars including the Megane, Clio, Modus, Captur and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing