Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The existing parking sensors on my car don't work as they're too close to the ground / too much of an angle.

I have the diagrams from Renault so I can refit my sensors in the correct place.

But I don't want to have two sets of sensors in my bumper, or 4 holes.

So is there any way of filling these holes to get rid?
Local body shop quoted me £200!!

Could get a bumper (painted) off eBay for £95 delivered but I wondered if there was a method I could use to DIY.

Thanks in advance.
Andy.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
4,268 Posts
Hi all,

The existing parking sensors on my car don't work as they're too close to the ground / too much of an angle.

I have the diagrams from Renault so I can refit my sensors in the correct place.

But I don't want to have two sets of sensors in my bumper, or 4 holes.

So is there any way of filling these holes to get rid?
Local body shop quoted me £200!!

Could get a bumper (painted) off eBay for £95 delivered but I wondered if there was a method I could use to DIY.

Thanks in advance.
Andy.
if you search around you should find plastic buttons that will fit the holes or evan rubber ones the plastic you can spray
Ron

G

·
I guess you could put a fibre glass patch on the inside of the bumper, fill over the holes and repaint....but by the time youve done that it might be easier to go the ebay option, unless your painting is good

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for the replies, I think I've come up with a solution - I liked the blank / buttons idea but to completely get rid of the holes / blanks I'm going to get a roll of silver vinyl wrap and cover the bottom part of the bumper up.

Cheapest solution that'll look good - I can get a 2m roll of vinyl for £8 - just need to get the right shade of silver!

:) Andy

G

·
If you are taking the old sensors out, the vinyl most likely will not cover the holes without showing a depression and I bet it will not be the same shade of silver.

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
I bet it will not be the same shade of silver.
That is probably true - many more shade/grain of silver than most realise.

But I wouldn't try to match it - get it done in carbon-fibre effect, it'll enhance the look, and remove the likelihood of seeing any types of depression.

HTH

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.