Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I know I’ve been posting a lot recently, trying to save money and learn tips/tricks.
I’ve just disassembled my drivers side door everything is off it’s getting dark and I can’t get the scissor rail thing out? I’ve tried looking everywhere for info and none?
Everything is unbolted and I can see the bent bit of rail I just can’t get it out?
Is it the top? Bottom? Do I have to break it up?
Sorry any inconvenience
Thanks

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,764 Posts
They come out the bottom, out of the with the largest opening, its lift up, lower the top so the bars are at an angle, then feed it out.
Try laying it flat, then lift the top end up, and see if it will slide out..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They come out the bottom, out of the with the largest opening, its lift up, lower the top so the bars are at an angle, then feed it out.
Try laying it flat, then lift the top end up, and see if it will slide out..
Hi thanks reply I got it out I straightened the bent bar I’ve got it back in bolts done up now I can’t get the window glass to fit do you know how to fit the eindow glass in correctly? Been out there 3 1/2 hours lol
Thanks

·
37,764 Posts
Does the window glass fit in a rail, or two bolts that hold it through pads..
Any chance of a photo..
Try not to struggle ,, ask.

I tend to drop the winder to the lowest point, put the window in at the top to get it go into the runners down each side, then by looking at the door opening, ( part you have taken the door card off) work out what area allows me to connect glass back to the winder..
There is always a place to make it possible., Might not be self evident, but it will be staring you in the face..

Most are at the top, around 3 to 4 inches down, just enough to get at.
Some if a runner type, you have to feed the runners in to the glass, before you can fit the mechanism.. if this sort, its take one of the rubber strips that the window fits in out, Fit window to mechanism, refit, then with some wash up liquid on the back of the rubber, slide it back in, but then its up and down on the window, at the same time pulling the seal back down and into place..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Does the window glass fit in a rail, or two bolts that hold it through pads..
Any chance of a photo..
Try not to struggle ,, ask.

I tend to drop the winder to the lowest point, put the window in at the top to get it go into the runners down each side, then by looking at the door opening, ( part you have taken the door card off) work out what area allows me to connect glass back to the winder..
There is always a place to make it possible., Might not be self evident, but it will be staring you in the face..

Most are at the top, around 3 to 4 inches down, just enough to get at.
Some if a runner type, you have to feed the runners in to the glass, before you can fit the mechanism.. if this sort, its take one of the rubber strips that the window fits in out, Fit window to mechanism, refit, then with some wash up liquid on the back of the rubber, slide it back in, but then its up and down on the window, at the same time pulling the seal back down and into place..

Hi I messed up big time, I got the window all back in, I pressed down...and the rail bent again...
I think it was because I was either lazy or I did it in the dark or because my first go.
After I noticed a rubber seal was twisted and bent inwards pushing hard against the window. This meant when the window was going up or down it was to strong and bending the metal scissor rail. I put some grease in the rubber bit with a plastic knive and prised it out, I got it out, and the metal still has little bent twisted. but it’s still in thescissor rail and going up and down fine....
Guess what happened next..??!!!!!
The switch to go up and down is now not working I’ve checked every wire it’s all fine. The other 3 buttons work on same switch just not the drivers one.

So now this is my list of problems

1# Cv joints have just started to click (didn’t mention before as didn’t know it was a cv)
#2 The rail is bent a tiny bit, and the door is still off the drivers side door. but the window is up now, with no horrible towel covering lol (so have security :) )
3# the switch to undo the windows has stopped working. (Since I tried to fix rail tonight lol)
4# been told catalyst and lambar sensor has gone £350)
5# bit of oil in th water res (but has worked ran fine for 5 months)
6# MOT DUE in 3 weeks 4 days
7# it was already a cat D
8# it’s a 2010
9# I’m waiting to paid as someone hit me a week after getting it and dented the car it’s been 5 months still not been paid.
Insurance said it’s worth £2060

Good points
1#I just unblocked water that ran into my foot wells from the bonnet myself (saved money)
2#Just had 4 new tyres.
I had a cam change /water pump/ dephaser pulley changes cost a total off £200 a friend of mine did it. He dissapeared though that is why I’m so stuck now. He charged £100 to do cam etc Renault told me £1200 + vat that was with a 20% discount lol
(air con pump £60 2nd hand fitted)
New wipers

What would you guys do?
Keep it or sell it and buy a new car? It’s been classed as a write of twice now person before me had it as cat d.
I have 12 years no claims
Insurance is £450 per year
Tax £180
Can you tell...I’m cold....bored...damaged knuckles.. covered in oil (from doing a door for 7 hours lol
I need a beer :)

·
37,764 Posts
Lets start at the window first, if continually pressed, it will be switched off by the UCH,,
Chances are its battery terminal off to reset..Do this first, before checking the fuses..
Take the car for a MOT, see what if anything it fails on..
Clicking CV, not expensive to replace around 30£ , easy enough to do, possibly a hours work
Its undo the large nut holding CV to hub, undo the two pins that hold the hub to strut. pull cv out, cut gaiter off, and see inside , once grease is removed.
Will be held on by a circlip, Or hidden C clip, if circlip open and pull off Cv, if hidden c clip, hammer cv off..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts