Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I am new to the forum and new to Laguna 2. Earlier I had a a Laguna 1 for 2 years. Just last week bought a 2003 Laguna 2, 1.9dCi Expression.

Having a bit of a trouble with the Trip Computer, that it doesn't show me the trip mileage and always showing the total Mileage.

At start it shows "OIL OK" and then in a while changes to the total mileage with "M" underneath. When I press the reset button nothing is changed and I tried it keep pressing for 5-10 seconds, but it shows the same total mileage display.

Also, when I press the reset button when "OIL OK" is displayed (soon after the start), it turns to the Oil level guage with only one dot, does that mean the Engine needs more oil?

Handbook talks about MPG, Range and various other displays on the Trip Computer, but I haven't seen anything other than the "OIL OK", the oil guage and the total mileage on the screen.

Wonder whether this is a fault or that's all I have on my car. But I am sure there should be at least a trip meter :eek: . Even my old laguna had a manual one :)

I noticed several posts related to the Trip Computer, but couldn't find anything similar to mine.

If anyone know what to do, please let me know. I bought the car only days ago, so probably I can get it done by the dealer if it is a fault.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Horati, that's that. I can see all the functions. Thanks for the quick reply again.

Dhammika

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
it turns to the Oil level guage with only one dot, does that mean the Engine needs more oil?
hi dhammika and welcome to the forum.
yes that gauge is showing that you need oil,but double check on your dipstick first.

regards
nthesx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts