Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked several times through the forums for an answer to this question without finding one so when I finally figured out a way I felt I should inform anyone else with the same problem - it is soo low tech. I won't go through all the details but on my Laguna 2 Estate with lots of gadgets the lock button became more and more difficult to function. When it finally stopped completely, I found it was impossible to lock the car. The central locking button works fine but if any door is opened they all unlock. I have read posts that say you can push the button for the cental locking and then exit a rear door that you have left open but it does not work. The Fix - I don't know if it is standard on all Laguna 2's but with mine the windows can be operated for 15 seconds or so after you remove the key card. This feature is necessary. When ready to lock the car, leave the card in the reader and lower the driver's window. Get out, lean in the window and remove the key card. Push the button to close the window and then the button for the central locking and hurry up and get your arm out of the way of the clossing window. Maybe it would be better to push the lock button before the window button but I have remarked to myself when locking it like this tha it would maybe be prudent to put the key card in your pocket after removing it and before pushing all the buttons because if you bump your elboe and drop the keycard inside it will be difficult to get it back.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,038 Posts
Flaming 'ell Papy.
On my Scenic when I had to lock it with no battery, I simply locked the doors from the inside manually, exited via the passenger door and used the key to lock that.
Dunno if that would work with the battery connected and central locking working.
And you could always sort out your key card...….

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,571 Posts
that sounds dangerous..
Maybe try this, lot safer, and just as quick as your way
Get out the car, go to passenger side, open passenger door , where the striker/door lock mechanism is with a screwdriver, close the striker, car now thinks door is shut, lock the car with central locking button, near the handbrake.
unlock passenger door with the key blade, pull handle, shut passenger door and use key blade to lock the car .
Would hate someone to get their arm stuck, not all Laguna windows will stop rising if an object , i.e. your arm is in the way, . ( DAMHIK )

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I simply locked the doors from the inside manually, exited via the passenger door and used the key to lock that.
The doors on my laguna do not have a mehtod to lock them from the inside except the central locking button.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that sounds dangerous..
Maybe try this, lot safer, and just as quick as your way
Get out the car, go to passenger side, open passenger door , where the striker/door lock mechanism is with a screwdriver, close the striker, car now thinks door is shut, lock the car with central locking button, near the handbrake.
unlock passenger door with the key blade, pull handle, shut passenger door and use key blade to lock the car .
Would hate someone to get their arm stuck, not all Laguna windows will stop rising if an object , i.e. your arm is in the way, . ( DAMHIK )
Thanks for the tip OURS. I believe the method you describe would work but it definitly is not as fast. The windows on my car stop and roll down if they encounter the slightest resistance to closing. It has been over 30 years since I have seen electric windows that do not stop when something blocks them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts