Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I wont to replace a light bulbs of headlights in my clio mk3, but I don't know how. Can someone explane this to me, and pictures would be nice to!:) thx!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi sorry i do not have any pics but if you lift the bonnet and at the back of the headlights inside the bonnet area there will be a cap that covers the back of the light unit some just pull off and other screws off some are also missing once you have done this there is a spring loaded clip that you press together and pull out away from the light,before you do this there are wires that will run to the light itself going into a block connector, press it and pull it out to disconnect,then press the spring loaded clip together and pull away from the bulb, the bulb will then be ready to pull out and replace with the new one, but DO NOT TOUCH THE GLASS of the bulb as this will blow the bulb when its turned back on,its the reverse to put it all back together i hope this helps all the best Donald

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
i would recommend nipping down ur local halfords and getting a haynes manual as they are pretty good at explaining things like replacing bulbs etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the problem is that I don't live in uk, and I don't know what's haynes manual.:moonie: I did get a manuel on my language but I think it just says which kind of bulb is inside the head lights. I am asking this because I wont to change my origanal bulb with some other, If yo cold recomend some good light bulbs which are not really expensive it wolud be grait!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi any good Motor Factors will be able to help you or just take it out and take it with you to the motor factors and ask for a bulb like this and the cheepest you sell please i hope this help all the best Donald.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone have expirience with Boch light bulbs, cause I found a store which has hole range of them!:d

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi Beco, put your car details in your profile, or in your posts, so we at least have a chance to give you the correct information ....

Which model of Clio is it ? Clio, Clio2, Clio3 ?
Which phase ?

Clio .... Phase 1,2,or 3
Clio2 .. Phase 1 or 2
Clio3 .. Phase 1

Trim - RL, RN,RT, RXE, RTX, Alize, Campus,Authentique, Dynamique, Privilege, Initiale etc

Engine Size ...... 1.2,1.4,1.6 Petrol, Diesel

It can only help :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts