Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I release the tensioner to change alternator belt please?
W reg Laguna 1, 1.6 petrol. The tensioner has a nut on the centre of wheel and two semi-circular slots around the edge. Is this the type where I move the tensioner with a ring spanner on the centre nut and jam with a hex key - if so where does the hex key go in?
Thanks

·
La sola lupo
85 R11TS, 85 R9TXE, 97 Extra 1,9D, 97 Megane 2.0 RXE, 02 Clio 1,2 16V
1,804 Posts
Is this the type where I move the tensioner with a ring spanner on the centre nut and jam with a hex key -
I believe that setup is on the F3R 2lt engine, dont think your 1.6 will be the same.
The 1.6 megane i'm working on currently has the 2 semi circular slots, and a tension bolt sticking out between the engine block and the power steering pump, you have to tension the belt from there and then lock the bolts on the semi cicular slots

·
Registered
7 Posts
This has got to be the most complicated drive belt assembly I've ever worked on!! I took the gung-ho approach of pulling tensioner from above and slipping off the belt, then letting go. I wasn't into so much dismantling for a relatively simple job!!
Putting belt back on was a mare, 2-man job. I was under the car pulling tensioner while a mate located belt over the other pulley (next to tensioner). Was very difficult to do, but a success. Hope I never have to do it again!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.