Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone shed any light on how to remove the black box at the rear of the engine on a clio 1.2 16v 2002 model? This is the box that is meant to protect the wires from the ECU, but in actual fact munches right through them causing electrical mayhem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So something thin to go through the back of the box and flick the thumb wheel up. What is a thumb wheel?? I hate this car with an absolute passion, I have spent many hours swearing at it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
So something thin to go through the back of the box and flick the thumb wheel up. What is a thumb wheel?? I hate this car with an absolute passion, I have spent many hours swearing at it!
You and me both mate. I've even kicked it a good few times.

Do you have the dreaded electrical warning light? car conks out, when you slow down? happens less often, when the engine is warmed up.

I have that on my car, and now the light has decided it's going to stay on all the time. even if i do hammer it down the street, like i'm some sort of boy racer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh, its my wifes car and she is pregnant so I really want it fixed. I think it's this black box that has damaged some wires but cant figure out how to get it off to have a good look at the loom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right, thumb wheel on back of black box turned as far as it can go and this bloody ridiculous thing wont come off. It just wobbles about trying to completely destroy the loom as my wife drives. I honestly don't think I have come across a worse piece of engineering in my life! Please someone tell me how this comes off so I can repair the loom. I'm going to take a grinder to it just shortly!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i know the problem your having when the electrical light is on and the car stalls and junctions ect.... its the throttle body thats doing this if you look in the air box you will find loads of oil in the due to a broken valve in the intake manifold (black box top of engine) inside there is the pcv valve witch is the common problem with these... quick fix but doesnt allways last that long but willtell you if if its that or not is to spay carb cleaner (or brake and clutch cleaner does the same job) in to the airbox ( you have to take the cover of and remove the filter to do this) but while spraying it in there have soming ready to rev the car as it will cut out while doing this and reving prevents it... if it clears the light for a while the throttle body is your problem...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.