Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems to have been a problem for some in the past, but after fabricating and grinding an old Sony tool, it's easy to remove. Just make sure its long enough and has a slight curve on the blade tip. The tool needs pushing towards the doors (so that the blades inside the unit are pushed inwards ) and then pull. A plastic pry tool might help here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

I cam across ceedymason's very handy article at just the right time for me. I used two junior hacksaw blades, blunted and chamfered at the end as shown. My elation itnprising the old unit out led to disbelief...see the photos. Where's the standard ISO? No sign of anything else along the cabe in the car...hmmmm. Guess it's summat to do with the Cabasse and factory sat nav.

So, I'm not bithered about the sat nav or the column controls....but do you think can find any reference to this type of connector....Such Gallic charm, but not working with me.

Anyone know from where I can get a converting cable. I will start to try the usual outlets tomorrow, but, if anyne here can advise one way or t'other if I aill be scusseful, please do...

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has no one got any info on this? Ive got the same issue. Not sure how to install a pioneer headunit as I have the Cabasse System in my Laguna 3

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,228 Posts

see your other post on the subject for conversion cable information

1 - 5 of 5 Posts