Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Could anyone please tell me what tool I need to use to remove the 6 cd changer in a new megan with the comfort pack? There appear to be two slots at the bottom of the cd unit and nothing else holding it in. I've tried with two flat headed screwdrivers but didn't want to force it in case I damaged anything.

I am trying to fit an aux cable for an mp3 player to the head unit but the HU appears to be stuck on the left hand side. I am thinking that one of the cables is stuck on the cd changer so by removing that I may be able to get the head unit out.

If not then I'll need to get from behind the dash or the glove compartment or something.

Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
I thought yo had to remove the HU first, then you cold get access to the changer to remove it. But as you have already tried removing the head unit there may be a different technique involved.

Are you sure that all the "clips" in the head unit were released when you inserted the "tool" into the 4 holes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the head unit comes out about 3/4 way but snags on something at the left-hand side so I either need to get the cd changer out or get to it from behind somehow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I have the same problem, as I am trying to fit a hands free kit.

Do you need to take out the cd changer to fully remove the radio from the recess & If so how?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have just added a aux mp3 cable to my Megane CC 2005 which had 6 Cd Changer. To get CD changer out, which had two slots at bottom, I used two flat european removal keys from Halfords price £2.99. You just slot in as with radio keys and pull unit out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts