Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just repaired scratches on the trim of my sport tourer as many people have . i bought spray paint of a guy on ebay totally fantastic stuff £8.50 +£3.50 postage its better than buying the mouldings from renault that cost an easy £130 .
paint is the exact match for these trims .
Mouldings easy to take of and put back on .

I suppose this can go for other renaults as well .

enclosed som pictures
any questions please ask me .

Larsson1971

Attachments

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bumper

The paint is a spray and does not require a primer and drys within 15-30 mins gives a great finish.:)

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
looking good.

You say the trims come off easily - how do you remove them? I presume you remove the little blanking covers to reveal a torx screw or similar. Does the panel then just pull off? And do the end bits just pull off?

Don't need to do it to mine at the moment, but would be handy to know in case i do in the future.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bumper

Hi there undo the torx screws for the middle part and remove the side bits first they just pull off , pull them towards you then take the middle bit off and fitting is reversal , just becarefull they have little lugs on them but they should be ok , its a good thing too know .

They are just plastic so you can rub them down as much as you like.

regards
james:)

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I have just ordered a can from ebay and waiting delivery, just one quick question, when I bought the car it had some scuff marks on the trim on the nearside of the front bumper, can this trim be taken off the front bumper? Thanks.

Dave

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Thats 2 of you got the paint now, anyone going to paste the link on here?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts