Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I need to replace the entire drivers side wing mirror on an X reg Renault Clio. The mirror is the manual adjustment type.

I'm actually not sure how to remove the old mirror - I don't want to force anything that I shouldn't.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Door Mirror

Hi dwarren - you'll need to remove the palstic panel at the corner of the window (the one that surronds the control lever) - go gently when prising it of it can be easily damaged - behind you will find the securing screws for the mirror and adjustment controls. Carefully undo these and remove the mirror. Fitting the new one is the reverse but it helps if you have someone hold the new one when screwing it place - cos if you drop it you'll have 7 years bad luck:) If the new on needs painted it's much easier and cheaper to do so when if off. Good Luck - hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks

Thanks for the advice.

Bought a mirror off ebay and fitted it within 15 minutes - really easy. Luckily I had the right posidrive screwdriver.

Definately not worth getting a garage to do this job!

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Well done! Dwaren and many thanks for your update. Now your an expert door mirror fitter. "You can't get better than a door fit fitter":rofl:

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dad needs to replace the electric door mirror (drivers side) on his Jan 2001 Clio. Is the advice the same for this as for the manual mirror with the exception of an elctrical connector rather than the manual adjuster?

He wasnts me to do it tonihjt forhim so any advice etc ASAP gratefully welcome

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Hey,

This quickest way to remove the mirror that needs replaced is to grab a rubber mallot and smash the mirror off from behind. If your hit it from the front you risk damaging the glass. The glass could be used on your new mirror if a thug decides too brutally attack it.

Simply fit your new mirror and job done. Job should only take 15 mins max.

Hope this helps

Adam :)

·
Administrator
21,703 Posts
My dad needs to replace the electric door mirror (drivers side) on his Jan 2001 Clio. Is the advice the same for this as for the manual mirror with the exception of an elctrical connector rather than the manual adjuster?

He wasnts me to do it tonihjt forhim so any advice etc ASAP gratefully welcome
I assume to want to replace the whole wing mirror housing, and not just the glass as per the post above ?

If it is then I would have thought so Seftonsun. :)

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
I often have to fit new ancillary items such as mirrors & lamps onto cars (very regularly damaged)...

And I have no guides/manuals to assist.

The simplest advice I can offer is to study the item you are about to fit, and also the broken item as you remove it - this will indicate what fixings are used, and what the correct order is to remove/fit it.

HTH

Paul

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: Door Mirror

Hi madnoel10

I have a Sept. '09 Clio: I tried to fold back my driver's door mirror when parking in a tight spot, but could not do so, and did not want to force it. How come not?

Also, I then noticed a little black button (looks like a "slidey type") sticking out at the bottom of the mirror cover/housing: what is this for? I can't find the manual saying anything about this.:confused:

Thanks very much.:d

Reevo

Hi dwarren - you'll need to remove the palstic panel at the corner of the window (the one that surronds the control lever) - go gently when prising it of it can be easily damaged - behind you will find the securing screws for the mirror and adjustment controls. Carefully undo these and remove the mirror. Fitting the new one is the reverse but it helps if you have someone hold the new one when screwing it place - cos if you drop it you'll have 7 years bad luck:) If the new on needs painted it's much easier and cheaper to do so when if off. Good Luck - hope this helps.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
I'd believe that button to be the outside temperature sensor.

·
Registered
63 Posts
BLIMEY, VelSatisfied!!

...and here I messed with it, trying to slide it back and forth, while trying at the same time to push the mirror back...!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy: You must really be all out of bubblegum. LOL!!!! :d

Thanks for that.

Reevo

I'd believe that button to be the outside temperature sensor.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
No problem, you're more than welcome.

Paul

Reactions: reevo

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: Door Mirror

Hi madnoel10

I need to ask you a dumb question: I have an 09 Clio - are my mirrors able to be folded back? If so, how do I do this?

I tried to do so, but they seem pretty stuck in their positions, and I did not want to force and break anything....:confused::crazy:

Thanks.

Reevo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts