Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife hit our 2005 Grand Scenic at the zoo over the weekend (hit the ranger's Land Rover, which had zero damage:(). I want to swap the front wing if I can with a used wing, since it looks as though it's a bolt on. So my questions are:

- Would a Scenic front wing fit my Grand Scenic?
- I can see 3 bolts along the door hinge, 3 along the engine bay and 3 in the inner arch. Are there more to remove?
- Do I need to remove any other panel/parts off before I can swap the wing or is it a simple off/on job?

Any help will be much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
2,944 Posts
hi
you will probably need to take the inner arch splash guards off from the damaged wing, along with the headlamp, its a fair chance the bumper will need to come off as well.
there will be a bolt or 2 under the end of the bumper and headlamp. you can get the splash guard plastic plugs for about £0.50 each from dealerships.
over all its not too difficult to replace.

as to scenic/GS being interchangable i dont know.

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
I would reckon that the scenic.grand scenic front wings are interchangeable - its all from the front wheels backwards where the differences are.

As to mounting points, wait until the new wing arrives, then inspect it - it will outline where the existing points are on your car, which should in turn mean you can determine what needs removal, and the order to refit.

As a guesstimate, I'd say front wheel, wheelarch liner, possibly undertray, at least.

I'd also recommend securely raising the front end to allow for greater access.

HTH

Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.