Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my line of thinking: Towing related questions do seem to come up fairly frequently, and I know I'm not the only one of the regulars that's daft enough to drag my little holiday home around on the back of the car.

So how about a sub-forum for all things related to towing? Towbars and wiring, caravans and trailers, or where I went on my holidays in my little white box this year. It might even include motorhomes, although Renault based ones seem few and far between.

What do you guys reckon?

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Good idea...done a bit of caravan towing myself over the years,although for the last few years have gone for a campervan(Fiat based).

Still i reckon i could chip in my 2 penneth.

:) :)

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Works for me :d

Now cue the scramble to be the first person to post in there :p

Cheers Mr Wonk! :beer:

Just to add: I just signed up to a caravan forum to ask a question about caravan maintenance. It turns out that, by default, I don't have posting rights until an admin has vetted my account.

I realise spam and the trolls can be a pain, and maybe they've had a particularly bad time with one or the other in the past, but it's very offputting for a new user.

Here's hoping you guys never decide to resort to that here.

Edit: A further thought - is there any chance of changing it to the 'towing and touring' club, just to clarify what it's about?

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:( It is something we have to switch on occassionally when we become a target for spammers or trolls:)
Maybe they've had similar problems and just stuck it on temporarily. I don't know what our page says, but theirs doesn't give much in the way of explanation. It'd be better if the page said something to that effect though, rather than making newbies feel like they're not trusted :crazy:
Cheers! Have another virtual :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts