Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to place the tyre back under my car but when I lift the handle/ wire the small pole is not going in the white part in the bottom of the car. Maybe I need to tie the tyre with the plastic part before as it moving a bit. Also the white whole is like oval and its not going in as it is moving. Help please

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,618 Posts
Here we go again..lots of huffin and puffin and tuggin /bad language

Same on all cars that use the spare stored under the floor..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here we go again..lots of huffin and puffin and tuggin /bad language

Same on all cars that use the spare stored under the floor..
since mine doesnt have the extra part on the black circle, its moving and the tyre is not going up all the way.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
That video makes it look so damn easy - but it's an awful arrangement!! The dropdown tray of earlier Renaults was much better.

Might be a help if someone could push the wheel up while you pull on the cable and lock the handle, but it is a stupid setup. :mad:

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,025 Posts
That video makes it look so damn easy - but it's an awful arrangement!! The dropdown tray of earlier Renaults was much better.

Might be a help if someone could push the wheel up while you pull on the cable and lock the handle, but it is a stupid setup. :mad:
I thnk that's what Phil ended up doing, his wife in the boot while he got underneath.
Seen others resort to a jack underneath to lift before a final tug on the cable.

Not sure what the missing black bit is though?

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,618 Posts
I thnk that's what Phil ended up doing, his wife in the boot while he got underneath.
Seen others resort to a jack underneath to lift before a final tug on the cable.

Not sure what the missing black bit is though?
Thats right and I did a thread on it somewhere ..that was fun and had a right laugh with that one..wife tugging me pushing..oh sod this for a laugh puts jack under and jacked the beggar up..dont think my other half has done that much tugging since Oh err..😁

1 - 10 of 10 Posts