Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody.

Please help help help help help
I have Renault Laguna 1.6 II years 2002 now there is a light appears on the dashboard
When this light come on I cant controlled the accelerator (that’s mean I cant accelerate when I bring the car almost on hold or when I am driving on roundabout -the only way I can controlled the accelerator back by switch the engine off completely remove the card wait might be 10sacend and then start the engines a gain and it goes some time or I have repeat that’s )please if anybody can help
also what kind of part should I look for online? Is it expensive to buy ?is it cheap2fix ?

Thank you on advance

Please have a look at this link this is the light appears on the dashboard.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8piNc8k6dF1YjM4MTdkYTQtMDE3YS00NzI2LTg4ZWItZDU0YTMyMjFkZGU1&hl=en

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,254 Posts
hi that looks like ecu timing fault.
probably the accelerator pedal variable resisiter foils have both failed and the ecu is trying to sort out what you want to do. and getting it very wrong.

results are similar to what volvo and renault had early on with these type of accerlerator pedals, which were fixed for free.

get the codes read by an indiependent garage first, then get the pedal assy changed if thats the fault.
else it could be throttle body.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi that looks like ecu timing fault.
probably the accelerator pedal variable resisiter foils have both failed and the ecu is trying to sort out what you want to do. and getting it very wrong.

results are similar to what volvo and renault had early on with these type of accerlerator pedals, which were fixed for free.

get the codes read by an indiependent garage first, then get the pedal assy changed if thats the fault.
else it could be throttle body.
hi and thanks for your replay -i took my car to Renault dealer and they told me they can fix it but it going to cost me €450 for the part only and add (VAT)€100-so it is not free as u said- so i thought the best to go online and see if people have sme problem(experience) and who did they manage to fix it without cost thats much of money .thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts