Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys looks like i need to refurb my alloys now as im a spanner lol im gutted i curbed my rear alloy a good 1 and its taken the crome off the outer lip of the rim went to turn a corner and forgot that the pavement/curb sticks out a bit on that street, my alloys where 1 of ten sets imported from the states about 7 years ago the company is still going that sold them in the states think there about $200 or so a rim plus vat and postage and import tax :eek: id just be aswell as refurbing them or getting new alloys:(

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
Chrome rims are murder for things like that - I had a set of 16" chrome alloys for my scorpio, which even though I only used them during the summer months, really aged badly & proved uneconomic to try to get re-chromed.

Paul

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is the alloy before it got curbed im a bit gutted tbh

i loved the scorpios i have owned a few back in the day here is 1 of them bud

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
Nice looking wheels.

I owned 2 x mark 3 scorpios & a mark 4 ultima - real comfy cars.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was thinking about masking the rest of the alloy off and using a small can of chrome spray paint and touching up the curb marks to try and hide it a bit an lacquer over it here is the damage

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
I tried chrome paint once & it reacted badly when lacquer was applied.

If you are minded to use chrome paint, I'd first of all give the affected area a t-cut & polish (try to restore what may only be damage to the lacquered area), then spray some chrome paint into the lid & apply sparingly with an artist's brush.

You will still be able to spot where the damage was, but if you take your time, it'll hopefully only be yourself who sees it.

HTH

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.