Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This may not be a problem for this forum but I thought I'd ask.

My Megane came with a sub fitted. It worked when I bought it. For some reason now it has cut out but it does make 1 small "Doof" every 3-5 seconds.

The fuses are fine and my speakers still work.

The sub itself is fine and I have also swapped out the amplifier with another that I know is working and that also had its protection light on and no music just the occasional beat.

The protection light on the amp flashes on and off and it was also causing my internals and headlights to dim slightly every few seconds.

I have unearthed the sub now as I dont want it to knacker my battery but does anyone know what this could be. I have checked the wiring as it runs through the car and everything "seems" in-tact.

Whoever put it in was clearly a moron as all the cables and components are a mix match but like I said everything was working previously and one day it just cut out.

This may not be a question for this forum but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Regards

Luke

·
Auckland, New Zealand
117 Posts
Disconnect sub from amplifier and power up the amp. If it goes into protection still then the fault is in the amp or the power wiring.

Can't imagine it's a fault in the RCA cables going to the amp cos that wouldn't cause the amo to go into protection.

You absolutely sure there's no problem in the speaker wires between amp and sub?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think something could be wrong behind the stereo. It seems like the amp is cycling on and off do you think that could be a loose connection there?

I dont have the keys so am trying to borrow some off a friend.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out that all 3 amps used to rule our the amp being the problem were actually faulty as I put in a new enclosure and it works fine

Thanks for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts