Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I iam really disgusted at the state of your roads up here in in Fife in Scotland iam forever trying to stay on good bit of tarmac but to no avail i hit a hole the other day pulling my van!!!God i thought the strut was going to come through the dashboard:steam: :crazy: What are they doing with all my poll Tax money and road tax because i can tell you know its not going into my local roads:steam: What are your roads like in your area???

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Hey Donald, i think its not just up there but everywhere if it aint potholes it speedbumps!

Im suprised more motorcycles and cyclists arent injured weaving in an out of the gutters trying to avoid them!

Regards

Dave

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Donald, i think its not just up there but everywhere if it aint potholes it speedbumps!

Im suprised more motorcycles and cyclists arent injured weaving in an out of the gutters trying to avoid them!

Regards

Dave
Hi dave its a nightmare for you bikers if you were to hit the one i did the other day you would of been off the bike for sure.I used to go to the North West 200 in Portrush every year to watch the bikes not been for a few years the last was the super bike up here in Dunfermline at Knockhill,it used to be great watching the late joey Dunlop.What do you ride at the minute?

S

·
0 Posts
Roads around Manchester are an utter disgrace. Best roads I've used recently were up North of Perth towards Bruar Falls..

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roads around Manchester are an utter disgrace. Best roads I've used recently were up North of Perth towards Bruar Falls..
God you were lucky to get a good peice Sel, in and around Fife are like the roman times:crazy:

S

·
0 Posts
I tell you Donald - I personally think the roads in Scotland are 100% better than my local roads...

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Round where I live, I could do with the council putting some speed bumps into the potholes to level things out...;)

I should've bought shares in the companies which make rubber bushes for cars!

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Round where I live, I could do with the council putting some speed bumps into the potholes to level things out...;)

Hi Paul iam thinking of buying a 4x4:d :d

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi Paul iam thinking of buying a 4x4:d :d
Maybe that's why Renault's introducing an off-roader to the UK?

Still, I shouldn't complain - more buckled alloys = more work for me!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Roads round here are awful , full of holes, get flooded when it rains hard, and have sheep wandering all over them

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I've gotta agree with Paul & Donald. Our roads are diabolical at best. It kinda p!sses me off too when you think of the amount of money the Gov pull in thru the road fund licence and so little of it is actually spent on the roads and not syphoned off for something else. I too hit a pothole the other day and was very surprised it never damaged anything. Of course if you try to make a point and NOT pay the tax the [email protected] just fine you anyway :steam:

Sorry, rant over :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Roads in Cornwall are terrible. Even some of the recently surfaced roads aren't smooth, you think you have a wheel wobble, then when you go on the older surface the wheel wobble disappears ( so you know its not the car) you just dodge the pot holes & cracks and bodge job repair patches!

The only decent bit of road is the Brand new A30 dual carrieageway which is due to open just in time for all you lot to come down here on your summer holidays! At least you shouldn't get stuck in traffic for hrs on end!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi thats another thing that ****** me off is they spend all that money on a new road or resurface it then a few weeks down the line and start to dig it up and and lay gas pipes or cable tv something like that and then in a few months its like the rocky road to Dublin:steam:

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts

That's exactly what the council have done down here in the rainy [today] south. Every single road you turn down has speed humps. Not that it's too much of a problem as it appears my Lag has just the right distance between the wheels [side to side] to strut them so they never slow me down:d

Apart from that, the roads here aren't too bad - apart from the A21 that is.:crazy:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's exactly what the council have done down here in the rainy [today] south. Every single road you turn down has speed humps. Not that it's too much of a problem as it appears my Lag has just the right distance between the wheels [side to side] to strut them so they never slow me down:d

Apart from that, the roads here aren't too bad - apart from the A21 that is.:crazy:
Iam the very same there is a street near by where a man moaned to the council to put speed humps in on his road he was even in the local paper,so in time they did he is the type that stands in his front garden and watches the cars going by i just laugh at him when i pass as the Espace just goes either side of them doing the speed limit of course what a pric*and the younger son gives him the bird:d sorry but he is a silly interfering old sod and i can tell you i think the council made small humps for badness:rofl: :rofl: so up you.

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
while i agree speedbumps in certain areas are not needed but at the junction i live on they are, many drivers approach the mini roundabout at 40mph (limit is 30) then have to cut up other motorists cuz they cant stop in time, what doesnt help that about 20yds after the roundabout theres a zebra crossing which was the scene of an accident yesterday

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
while i agree speedbumps in certain areas are not needed but at the junction i live on they are, many drivers approach the mini roundabout at 40mph (limit is 30) then have to cut up other motorists cuz they cant stop in time, what doesnt help that about 20yds after the roundabout theres a zebra crossing which was the scene of an accident yesterday
Zebra crossings are a different thing all together i have kids so bring them on but speed humps do not work they are only allowed to go a certain high anyway and most cars even hitting them at high speed does not effect the car anyway so are a complete waist of money time and resorces...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts