Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi well i finally got my service done today being both pollen filters changed engine oil and filter and aux belt,fuel filter and new plugs and i also cleaned my air filter and oiled it up and adjusted my hand brake so i have just got the timing belt to do next week.:)

This is where i got pissed off i phoned my local Renault Dealer and they told me the service interval for auto transmission oil is 36k and that my box holds 7L of Oil D3 fully Synthetic so i got it about 3 weeks ago for the service today but when i picked up the oil from Renault they told me that my gear box when the drain plug is removed only 3.5L will come out and the other 3.5L will remain in the top torque converter bull ¤¤¤¤:steam: because when i did it this afternoon only 1L came out so i replace the 1L with new D3 oil. So i then phoned Renault in Edinburgh and the lad from the service department said thats about the right amount that would only come out because the rest will remain in torque converter:crazy: :confused: and they are know telling me it should never be changed unless contaminated or the box had repairs made to it pricks!!! do you note agree i would love to find out who that knob i spoke to was so i could educate him with my my one and only size 8 foot right up his ********

I thought i would share this with yous i just need to blow my bagpipes to cool the jets:d

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
That's some tough luck there mate.

Its a pity you didn't get a name (I always try to), but I'm sure you'll be better prepared for [email protected] info in future.

Still, at least the service didn't throw up anything major.

You should've brought your pipes on Sunday...you'd have been served quicker in that bar;)

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems a bit odd Donald, I thought autoboxes were fitted with filters and that over time the oil can become contaminated with bits of metal etc. and it would therefore be good practice to change at service intervals. Sounds like a classic left hand / right hand scenario.
Hi Chris yes your right but iam left know between the devel and the deep blue see iam going to flush it in a month or two down the line and use the oil i have left it cant do no wrong cheers

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's some tough luck there mate.

Its a pity you didn't get a name (I always try to), but I'm sure you'll be better prepared for [email protected] info in future.

Still, at least the service didn't throw up anything major.

You should've brought your pipes on Sunday...you'd have been served quicker in that bar;)

Paul:)
Hi Paul i was just trying to remain came on sunday because we had just met i was temted to tell them to f*** OFF when they did bring it but i was bloody starving my belly thought my mouth was stitched up:d but here these things are sent to test us all in life oh!! and a polish bar maid that no good English:d

Well thats the service out the way for 10k:) Happy days

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
:) cheers otto another good day up round your neek of the woods today
Yes great here Donald, the last week has been very good done lots about the place so feeling a bit tired now, Traveling down to see the Family in the morn ( Aberdeen ) We are having a gathering, Weather is not so good tomorrow tho .

Well I sure you feel a bit better now getting that out of your system mmm.

Regards

Ottoman
:)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes great here Donald, the last week has been very good done lots about the place so feeling a bit tired now, Traveling down to see the Family in the morn ( Aberdeen ) We are having a gathering, Weather is not so good tomorrow tho .

Well I sure you feel a bit better now getting that out of your system mmm.

Regards

Ottoman
:)
Oh yes much better remember and have a Aberdeen buttery when your down there yuk salty yuk

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Oh yes much better remember and have a Aberdeen buttery when your down there yuk salty yuk
Mmmmm warm butteries or Rowies are they not? .... with more unsalted butter ..... Agggggh I can feel the blood pressure/cholesterol rising as I type :)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Have you finished blowing now Donald?.If not,I've got something you can blow.....:d

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you finished blowing now Donald?.If not,I've got something you can blow.....:d
Iam really worryed about you lag i do not think i will be coming to Deven with the caravan:rofl: :rofl:in the near future

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
does that mean we can all go to devon without being held up now then Donald

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
tis the only reason I started holidaying abroad on them big open roads

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
I have this button in the middle of the steering wheel for a rocket launcher especially for caravans. lol

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Firstly,I wanted you to blow up some balloons for me.....what were you thinking of....:rolleyes:

And...I live in Dorset,not Devon!:d

If you come down to visit,let me know and I'll buy you a beer.:).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts