Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if I remove the tyre sensor from underneath my laguna 11,will it effect anything esle and will the tyres be removed from the display. I can live with the little picture of the car and the yellow warning light. It`s the flashing tyres which drive me mad. My tyres are in good order and tyres don`t flash all the time,just enough to p**s you off. Hope somebody can help. Thankyou.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Hi Donald,

On the rival forum , someone on there asked the very same question and it was said if you take it to a renault dealer the will disable it for you .. think tHe price was around the £80 mark.

Cheers mate ......... HARRY :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fuse.

The fuse also as other uses not sure which ones need to look in the hand book. That was my first plan.

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Hi Donald,

On the rival forum , someone on there asked the very same question and it was said if you take it to a renault dealer the will disable it for you .. think tHe price was around the £80 mark.

Cheers mate ......... HARRY :)
My old pops did that, took it to a local independent renault garage and he disabled it ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not happy giving dealers my hard earned money.

I look at dealers as slick leeches and only use them when I can`t find any other way to solve my problem. Eighty pounds to plug in a computor and push a few buttons, it makes my blood boil!

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
I look at dealers as slick leeches and only use them when I can`t find any other way to solve my problem. Eighty pounds to plug in a computor and push a few buttons, it makes my blood boil!
Do you know of any local independent garages? I think dad paid £30 :)

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Trouble is they got you by the B*****ks sometimes .... With all cars being so computerised the main dealer has the market :steam: :steam: :steam:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While we keep going to them.

The dealers will charge what they like if we keep going to them with every little problem that we get. Like me I knew I could go to the local stealer and get the tyre sensor bypassed, but EIGHTY POUNDS for a ten minute job makes me cringe.

·
Administrator
21,710 Posts
I had the TPM turned off on my car and the Renault Dealer charged me £35. Which was nothing in comparison to what they wanted me to pay for two new TPM sensors for the wheels and repogramming (£180 ! :steam: )

All dealers are different though, as I rang three before finding one that would do it for me, two of them told me it wasnt possible, lieing gits !

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
I had the TPM turned off on my car and the Renault Dealer charged me £35. Which was nothing in comparison to what they wanted me to pay for two new TPM sensors for the wheels and repogramming (£180 ! :steam: )

All dealers are different though, as I rang three before finding one that would do it for me, two of them told me it wasnt possible, lieing gits ![/quote]
That's probably Renault's official line though - just think about it for a minute - they spend millions on this system, which its possible to bypass - it doesn't inspire confidence (whether justified or not) in the system's integrity.

When I worked for Ford, a common complaint was the inability to deactivate a front passenger airbag (to allow for carrying a rear-ward facing child seat), some dealers would carry out this work - but since it was 'unofficial', Ford's line was that it was frowned upon - and all sorts of disclaimers had to be signed by the owner.

I'm not trying to defend this, just trying to explain why they'd turn work away.

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
What is likely to happen if all the valves were replaced with standard type valves - I know thw wheels would disappear of the wee picture of the car but would the warning lights stiil be displayed. Last time I had to fit my spare the one wheel disappeared of the dash display but there where no warning lights - my local tyre dealer said if I tok the wheels to him he would replace the valves with the bog standard type for a fiver per wheel. If you done that per whhel it would be £20 - still cheaper than a reprogram.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts