Independent Renault Forums banner

will you be watching iam a Celebrity

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well iam interested to see who you all are:d so go on and vote and let us know if your a fan or not of iam a celebrity get me out of here:d :crazy:

Cheers Donald

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never watch it
Well i can take it or leave it,i thought Chris Eubank was on this one but after seeing an tv ad tonight i don't think he is:( if the guests are good it can be good at times but its mostly the same old sh!t and can get quite boring to watch.

Cheers Donald

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
I'm with you on that SteveT

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
You mean "My career's taken a nose-dive, get me into here"?

Like Big Brother, it was interesting while the format still had novelty value, but grew stale after the first run.

I hate most reality TV, and I hate has-been celeb shows. The latter has ruined the likes of Millionaire - yes, it's all very laudible doing it for 'charidee', but there's nothing like watching someone sweat as they gamble 30 grand of their own prize money.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Where did the "Reality" come from

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Where did the "Reality" come from
There's probably a TV dictionary definition of 'reality' that goes something as follows:
1) No plot.
2) No script.
3) Get the 'stars' to do it for free with the promise of a prize at the end of it (money and fame for the proles, a brief re-visit to stardom for the has-been celebs.)
4) Make a fortune out of premium rate voting lines and give the viewers' sad little lives meaning by letting them think they're influencing something important.
5) Get audiences of millions for some bizarre reason.

It's a winning formula from a profit point of view, which is probably why we have so much of this crap.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
only watch it occasionally, always try to watch the 1st one just to see how many 'celeb's' i don't know :d

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am afraid this is what TV has become over the last few years reality TV:crazy: and its only going to get worse:crazy: the thing about it is as much as there are people out there that hate:d dislike:d deplore:d this kind of sh1t on TV :d someone is watching it:eek: as the viewing fingers are through the roof:eek: just what are we to do to change this on British TV???

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
What can we do, more Top Gear!!!!:devil:

I think it is p00 along with all the others but I do watch bits of it as they can be funny with Ant & Dec, ha. Some of the challenges can be funny too but that is about it.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What can we do, more Top Gear!!!!:devil:

I think it is p00 along with all the others but I do watch bits of it as they can be funny with Ant & Dec, ha. Some of the challenges can be funny too but that is about it.
:devil: :d now your talking:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Depending on who's on it I might take a passing interest.

I am not adverse to watching attractive ladies bouncing around in bikini tops,but once they get voted out I generally switch it off.:rofl:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Never watch it - can't stand it. Why!! - because its voyeuristic, cheaply produced telelvision aimed at the moronic gullible masses.:steam:
My sons girlfriend works for the call centre that handles the calls for this programme and she loves the job - when asked why she replies "where could you get a job where all the callers are numpties and guaranteed to be less intelligent than you" and it gives her laughs all day. Some of the callers comments are hilariously weird - she plans to write a book on it someday - how boring a read that will be.:rofl:
If peeking into someones so-called private life is seen as entertainment then people should get out more often that's if they can get the men in white coats to unock the doors and stop dispensing the tranquilisers:rofl:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Depending on who's on it I might take a passing interest.

I am not adverse to watching attractive ladies bouncing around in bikini tops,but once they get voted out I generally switch it off.:rofl:
Oh yeah we all like a bit of flesh oozing out:d

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Not my type of thing really, but Mrs watches them all so I do end up kinda watching them anyway :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts