Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive read other post on here about dodgy batches of coils, but mine are stamped 4-258 which isnt part of the dodgy batch.i really dont want to replace all four if i can help it. whats the best way to test each coil. thanks again guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi again,
ive replaced one of the coils which was sparking and the cars is not juddering as much but the light is still on.
ive read somewhere on here that it goes out after 50 miles or something. im worried though that it might be something else wrong and i may damage the car by driving that far.when the garage changes these coils they dont take it out for 50 miles do they, so how do they get rid of the light.
thanks again.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
The miss-firing has been registered by the ECU as a fault and Renault can clear the fault from the ECu using their diagnostic equipment - if you know your radio code you could try disconnecting the battery for an hour or two as sometimes this clears the ECU fault memory.:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
What car do you have and what engine does it have in it?.

If your car has pencil coils,then you need to disconnect the injectors one at a time to determine which coil is faulty.

You say the car isn't juddering as much,but is it still juddering?

Renault have admitted to one dodgy batch of coils,but basically any pencil coil can give problems.:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts