Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all again,Hope someone can help me as im getting right ticked off with my car now.
As there are no haynes manuals for my 2001 Espace 2.0ltr 16v (Shortlisted is all i can find) Hows that help?. Anyways after hours upon hours i cant find much.My temp gauge flashes after awhile,goes 4 bars,stays there for awhile roughly 1hour is the longest its stayed normal,then it will zero itself and then just flash.ive bled the system,got some air out,seemed to be ok for roughly 1hour then started again.so been to renault(Great time that was,i got the day out for trainee's),got new sensor that they said i needed but from what i was reading on here last night i might need the green one with the white cap that sits down by the oil filter? at the mo ive got the one that sits on side of engine near header tank,is this correct or do i need the green one with white cap.system beld so not that,so dodgy senor feeding rubbish to dash is all thats let surely? Any help or pics of where and what sensor it is would be really appreciated!!
:crazy:

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
the one by the thermostat housing is the right one, you could check the wiring to it to make sure. If the injection system can't see the temp for the this car it will put the cooling fans on all the time. some countries the temp guage doubles up as a oil level sensor? If it was plugged in at renault and the temp was reading ok I would staet to check for water ingress to the passenger footwell conpartment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the one by the thermostat housing is the right one, you could check the wiring to it to make sure. If the injection system can't see the temp for the this car it will put the cooling fans on all the time. some countries the temp guage doubles up as a oil level sensor? If it was plugged in at renault andt he temp was reading ok I would staet to check for water ingress to the passenger footwell conpartment.
thanks for reply.so that would be the one that goes in sideways near the coolant header tank,black ended one? im not mechanicly minded and have no idea,ive changed all the water and put new coolant in,bled the system or air,but still there,ive not took it to renault to get plugged in as they charge a fortune and its already set me back a few quid and ive only had it since march.so if the thermostat housing is the one near the coolant tank on the F4R engine then happy days ive brought the right one? oh and theres no water in the passenger side,its bone dry?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply and the pic.so your 2.0ltr 16v F4R engine in the scenic is the same as in my espace? by gloing by that picture thats the sensor ive brought.i'll go ahead and fit it and see what happens!
Will update.
Thanks again!

R

·
0 Posts
The F4R is fitted in the Megane, Scenic , Laguna, Espace and some vans as well I belive? there are some differences depending on which car they are fitted in but the sensors subject of this thread should all be the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts