Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone

just joined your forum last week and just wanted to say that i got lots of useful information here.

just another question how do you's folk rate the laguna II 1.9 DCI i've got an 02 and a 03 reg both privlidge models and they are nice cars but lots of annoying problems and been spending a bit more hard earning dosh than what i expect as parts so expensive.

are yous all having problems too?

i'm debating about geting rid of them all and stick with a mondeo or vectra as i never had to spend a penny on repairs for years on them!

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Welcome to the forums Mikey, in my opinion the Laguna is one of the best cars you can get,with loads of extras for your money. However as with most marques you get good and bad ones,lets hope yours are just teething problems. If its well serviced and looked after it should give years of pleasure.

As for spares/parts etc I try to use breakers yards where possible as these are far cheaper than dealers. Some motor factors also have some good deals but to be honest its a case of shopping about for the best deals.

And this forum is an ideal way of saving cash on your Renault,great advice and tips galore,but you may have to dig around a bit to find all you need.

Good luck with your car and enjoy your time on the forums.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forums Mikey, in my opinion the Laguna is one of the best cars you can get,with loads of extras for your money. However as with most marques you get good and bad ones,lets hope yours are just teething problems. If its well serviced and looked after it should give years of pleasure.

As for spares/parts etc I try to use breakers yards where possible as these are far cheaper than dealers. Some motor factors also have some good deals but to be honest its a case of shopping about for the best deals.

And this forum is an ideal way of saving cash on your Renault,great advice and tips galore,but you may have to dig around a bit to find all you need.

Good luck with your car and enjoy your time on the forums.

thanks for the info,
i'm only had the car for 6 months and the keycard buggered up after that was the drivers window slider mechanism, then tyres valve starts to leak, and now the drivers door sensor and failed MOT on wishbone which cost a fortune to sort out, rear brake drum cost £60 each and also the radio display is a bit faulty.
its been a nightmare never had so many problems with any car in the half year!!!

sort this out and i hope its the last of the problems!!

O

·
0 Posts
Welocme to the forum.

Lke most modern high spec'd cars I wouldn't be keen on having one without manufacturers warranty - there are so many things to go wrong and the more kit you've got the worse it is.

I've mentioned before that the worse car I had was a new 53 plate E Class Merc, always in the garage whereas the missues had a '96 100k C CLass at the time which never cost me a penny other than servicing and a replacement wiper arm!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi OG

dont we all say that technology comes at a price??
i never thought that buying parts or labour charge can be so expensive on these cars! renault charges £70 an hour and lots of problem has to go back to renault as they have the computer equipment to sort it!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i use EuroParts in filton bristol... very well priced... got full kit for front breaks, discs+pads *2 £34.00

they have web site and deliver aswell.....

Euro Car Parts UK - European Car Parts
hey peteieboy

have you tried rear brake disc? these are the stupid design with the bearings in it and cost £52 each + VAT thats the cheapest i've found so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts