Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there - never used this site before so here goes - have a 51 plate renault scenic that has intermittant problems starting - engine turns over but will not start - have tried both keys - also tried locking the car and then starting (this has sometimes worked) taken battery off and reconnected - have had it in 3 timkes now to be looked at - last time they replaced the de-coder ring - this has still not worked - i've read reportsabout the 4 digit immobilser code and how to enter this - but dealer claims mine is an 8 digit code so no way round this - it this true?? any ideas how i can start my car at all?

J

·
0 Posts
Hi there - never used this site before so here goes - have a 51 plate renault scenic that has intermittant problems starting - engine turns over but will not start - have tried both keys - also tried locking the car and then starting (this has sometimes worked) taken battery off and reconnected - have had it in 3 timkes now to be looked at - last time they replaced the de-coder ring - this has still not worked - i've read reportsabout the 4 digit immobilser code and how to enter this - but dealer claims mine is an 8 digit code so no way round this - it this true?? any ideas how i can start my car at all?
Had a similar problem with a 2000 W Clio........

The AA man said to disconnect the battery count to 20 the reconnect......

Worked everytime for us.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi guys - thanks for the help -

tried all the normal things like taking battery off, locking car with remote and then tryin gto start - which sometimes worked - finally had to admit defeat and took it to Renault dealer - fault apparently was the TDC sensore and connector - which apparently tells the onboard computer whether the engine is running or not - any ideas if this is correct - anyway seems to be fixed now

J

·
0 Posts
hi guys - thanks for the help -

tried all the normal things like taking battery off, locking car with remote and then tryin gto start - which sometimes worked - finally had to admit defeat and took it to Renault dealer - fault apparently was the Top Dead Centre sensore and connector - which apparently tells the onboard computer whether the engine is running or not - any ideas if this is correct - anyway seems to be fixed now
Sounds a bit technical but maybe true......

Did it cost dearly for connecting to the computer at the dealership?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts