Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The central locking dome in the roof console of my megane keeps failing after rain. We've figured out why, took it apart and low and behold it was all soaked. Dried it out and it works again. Rained heavy and its soaked again. Dried it and works.

So its obvious that it is the rain thats doing it (Not that I needed to say that) but how can I stop it happening?

I think, it is the arieal (Cant spell it) on the roof. I also think it is dependant on which angle it is in! At the moment I have the whole of the base of it covered in Duct Tape (Probably gonna be a bugger to take off now)

Anyways of fixing it? Can I get into the underside of it and tighten something up? Any sort of sealant I can buy and use as Duct Tape looks wrong to be honest!

Anything is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Take the dome off and behind it there is a nut that holds the aerial on. Just undo that and seal between the roof and the aerial base with mastic then put it back (make sure the aerial is on straight before you tighten it up).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had that problem i got one out of scrapyard.Mine was caused by the mrs taking it to carwash and the aerial got caught and must have broken seal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts