Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a renault clio RL paris (1997) and just recently the immobiliser stays on and the car will not start. When i put the key in the ignition and turn the key it just clicks and will not turn over, there is nothing there just a click. I have looked on another site and found a method involving entering a 4 digit code to bypass the immobiliser by using the central locking button. So using my car type no and key id i got the code for my car but when i hold down the central locking button for a few seconds the light goes out altogether instead of turning to the slow flash described in the instructions. Does anyone know how i can get the slow flash of the red light so i can enter this code its getting very annoying knowing the car is in full working order apart from this problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
sorry but its against the forums rules to give any information regarding the bypassing of any security system
What do you mean by this statement? I've taken the unique serial number from my car and also the unique serial number out of my key fob to generate the unique code to use to reset the immobiliser on my car! which you would have to pay a renault dealership aroud £40 plus vat All i asked was how to get the fast flashing light on the central locking button on the dash to change to a slow flashing light so i can enter the code! Also the battery is not flat it is the immobiliser that has decided to stay on and not recognise the keys (neither the main one or the spare) which incidentally both have the same code number inside.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
The immobiliser does not make the starter just click it does not stop the starter from turning over the engine on your car
as above check the battery is fully charged and check the earth lead to the body and from the body to the engine are clean and in good condition

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The immobiliser does not make the starter just click it does not stop the starter from turning over the engine on your car
as above check the battery is fully charged and check the earth lead to the body and from the body to the engine are clean and in good condition
Thanks to all who replied to my post and especially thanks to Prestige_Decodes who pointed me in the right direction. The problem was as simple as this! The earth to the battery was very weak and it was causing all the problems. The battery was fully charged but it was giving flat battery symptoms because of this and also the reason the red light was going off when i pressed the immobiliser button was because the immobiliser was being switched off. I have sorted out the earth now and hey presto all is back to normal. So thanks again to everyone who helped

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.