Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

i own a p plate 96 renault clio 1.8 rsi i have got the infamous central locking immobillizer problem my key is ok its lighting up i have changed the reciever has anybody got any idea what else could be causing the problem

thanks in advance

dev

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Dev - a bit info would be helpful - do th doors unlock and the engine won't start or is there nothing at all. Also does the receiver match the keyfob.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mad

everything was deadlocked i got in through the boot now the doors will open from inside engine wont start alarm will continually go off

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they key is emitting a white light when i put my camera fone lens up to it i bought the reciever from renault and gave them the number from back of the old reciever they told me its the correct part they said it doesnt need to be coded the only difference in the number from back of old reciever to the new one is the old one has an A on it the new one doesnt

appreciate your time bud thanks

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Yeh your car has a dumb receiever and works by transmitting the code from your key-fob. Either the key-fob is not transmitting correctly or the car is not recognising the code. Testing by using a phone camera only tells you if the key is transmitting a signal and won't tell you at what strength. I suggest you take the key to a good locksmiths who have the proper kit for testing transmission strength, etc.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is there anythign else it can be as im sure the key is giving out a strong signal i have put new batteries in it also the signal is infa red and the key fob has been held right up to the reciever

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
The receivers are prone to water damage which is quite common on a lot of renaults - I suggest you have a close look at the connector at the end of the cables as they have a tendency to corrode.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgghhhhhhh

have tried the procedure for the emergency override on my immobolizer but still cant get the immobilizerto reset any further help please

·
Registered
8 Posts
My immoblizer stopped working due the keyfob not working, then the reciever got wet!!! So after twice being stuck and Renault dealers asking a gold mine of money to sort it out each time......... I bought a kit for around 85 pounds from a nice electronics guy, it took me about 20 minutes to install it which bypassed the factory system and have never looked back since.

I have since had an aftermarket system installed!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts