Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant find the answer anywhere on the net, but has anyone fitted some component speakers in the front of a Renault Clio DCI 80, its a 53 plate. Heard the wires in the clio are awful but planning a full audio upgrade and wondered if there were any speaker sets for the front recommended, or what size they take.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
the speaker size in the front and back of the clio is 13cm 5,1/4 inch

problem with replacing them is youll need to cut and splice the wires as the main harness is not long enough to get a spade connector on them

remove the cover from the bottom and pull upwards to release the grill

remove the two 20 torx screws holding the speaker

you will need some spade connector for this part and some speaker cable(most new speakers will have both these items in the box)

check the wire for +- inputs
cut as close to the connector as possible
then solder the new piece of wire with the spade connectors onto the remaining harness,checking the output,
tape up connections with electricians tape and a bit of grease as it does get wet on the inside of the door

fit new speakers with the 20 torxs and fit grills

13cm Speakers Infinity 5012I 13cm Speakers from Halfords Price £59.99

or if your on a budget

eBay.co.uk: PIONEER TS-G1309 5" 130 WATT SPEAKERS BRAND NEW (item 150116678144 end time 03-May-07 13:28:43 BST)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive read about that the magnets can cause problems, the ones you have recommended are they ok with the depth of magnets etc? Was looking too get some crossovers, that going too be too much hassle though?!

Awesome reply tho, very helpful! Cheers

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Ive read about that the magnets can cause problems, the ones you have recommended are they ok with the depth of magnets etc? Was looking too get some crossovers, that going too be too much hassle though?!

Awesome reply tho, very helpful! Cheers
the magnets are fine mate, i had some vibe speakers which have a very big magnet and they were good, when i took them out to put in my cc,

crossovers are fine to, but unless your going for a big install then id leave them and get the full frequencys from the speakers rather than cutting out frequencys, but its down to what you want

·
Registered
9 Posts
it all depends on budget really, will you be running them from a headunit or buying an amp to run them? At the moment im running a set of focal V2 slims in my lag running from a Soundstream 720.4 amp which sound great but not really a budget choice.
Also will you be looking to buy a sub aswell? if so a decent 4channel amp will run both your speakers and a sub, then again its all down to your budget.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts