Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the forum have / or can anyone point me to a list of independent Renault engineers / good independent diesel techs? MY Scenic is broke :( (low pressure diesel pump not running I think) and I don't want to do spanners and diesel anymore(!), but distrust my local Renault dealer after last encounter with them :mad: . I live in north Herts.

I know of Ren-O-Tec in Chelmsford who were recommended to me, but he is too far away as the car has currently been immobile for a few weeks so needs a tow in.

Thanks for any input

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
For a Diesel expert see if there is a local Lucas Diesel Centre near you.My local one(in Yeovil,Somerset) is excellent.The staff are ultra-helpful and they are very knowledgable.:)

If it's just a case of replacing the pump,then any decent independant garage should be able to carry this out,although I'd wait to see if anyone in your area knows of someone who they can recommend.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talking to myself

For the record, and to complete my own thread....
I didn't find a local Lucas centre, but along similar lines, I found my local Bosch Service centre (Hitchin). They were recommended to me and they repaired my Scenic, serviced it and MOT'd it, all with little fuss, a phone call to keep me informed and I was happy with the rates and the way I was dealt with. And two weeks on, the car's still running.. always a bonus.

Thanks lagdti for the input.

·
Registered
15 Posts
can i ask how much you paid for the replacement low pressure pump as I think £200 from the main dealer is extortianate ?

Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Paul.

It was a while ago now but as I recall the pump was around the £120 mark. Can't remember how much labour they charged specifically fot fitting / testing as I had service / mot / pump repair and replacement front discs all at same time. Hope this helps.

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts