Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a starting problem with my clio, took it to a non Renault dealer in private sector. After looking and searching for the starting problem, they couldn't get it going. Apparently had the car on diagnostics machine and auto-elect had a look at it with no success. Before taking it to this workshop I went onto forum and read some of the replies on similar problem. Just before taking it to this workshop decided to replace the crankshaft sensor, but still with no luck of getting it started. At the end I was being told that the ECU can begone or the control unit below the glove compartment box. I had gutt feel that somethin was not A-okay with there diagnosis and decided to get a second opinion, which I did. Took it somewhere else instead and within a day or two these people phoned me up from new shop telling me that the problem was nearly sorted, but still kept dying as soon as you had to stop at a stop/traffic light. Another day or two later, I was phoned and told that the petrol sensor under the pedal was faulty and so the problem was sorted.

When the car was returned it was in a well working order, except for no indicators. Once again this could've happened at the first shop, but would never have known of this problem due to the flat battery. I have checked all the bulbs and even replaced some, and everything is in working order, except for the fact that it never shows up when turning the indicators on. The sound of the indicators working sounds like it's being rushed, but the hazard light's noise seem to be normal but also not indicating on the outside. Opened up the steering column checked all wiring and switches near and around the indicator unit it all seems to be fine as well. Removed the controllbox below the glove compartment and checked all incoming wires from indicator unit to the controllbox and that seems to be fine as well. Checked and removed the flashing unit(relay) and it felt like it was heating up after switching the indicators on. Replaced with a new indicator relay but still not working........Any suggestions will do.......please I need your help, thanx?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts