Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The indicators on my Clio, just over a year old intermittently do not work. This started a few days ago without warning. When moving the indicator stalk to indicate either left or right turn, absolutely nothing happens, no indicator light or any click from the relay. This always happens the first time you try indicating after starting the car. If you then stop the vehicle turn off the ignition and restart the engine the indicators will work fine without problems. The hazard warning lights work ok, even when the indicators are dead.
Any ideas what may be causing this?

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,793 Posts
Don't know what is causing your problem but..........Car is under warranty so problem is with dealer to resolve

·
Premium Member
6,826 Posts
hi

whilst I'm sure the information to resolve your issue is available, your car is still under warrantee and under no circumstances do you want to invalidate this.

I suggest you contact the dealer first thing in the morning.

Al

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
24,690 Posts
Don't know what is causing your problem but..........Car is under warranty so problem is with dealer to resolve
hi

whilst I'm sure the information to resolve your issue is available, your car is still under warrantee and under no circumstances do you want to invalidate this.

I suggest you contact the dealer first thing in the morning.

Al
Good luck to the OP with that..can remember a time when renault refused to acknowledge the fact that there was a problem with the Mk3 clio..even when they burned out a caused a fire..but they must have realised that this would be a money makes cos they started to put up the price of both indicator and wiper modules..:|

·
Premium Member
6,826 Posts
Good luck to the OP with that..can remember a time when renault refused to acknowledge the fact that there was a problem with the Mk3 clio..even when they burned out a caused a fire..but they must have realised that this would be a money makes cos they started to put up the price of both indicator and wiper modules..:|
Well remembered, I now recall someone having to have a replacement stalk.

may be worth the OP to do a thread search for further info to 'hit' the stealer with.

Al

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
24,690 Posts
Well remembered, I now recall someone having to have a replacement stalk.

may be worth the OP to do a thread search for further info to 'hit' the stealer with.

Al
There have been so many now Al its becoming a joke..people laugh at Fiat electronics but now they need to remember that Renault are no better and in some ways a damn sight worse..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts