Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 57 plate 1.9 diesel Trafic and it is not firing on the cylinder nearest the timing cover . I am trying to remove the injector and i have bought the extraction tool for doing it but i need to know does the injector need to be turning before i use the slidehammer tool :confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 57 plate 1.9 diesel Trafic and it is not firing on the cylinder nearest the timing cover . I am trying to remove the injector and i have bought the extraction tool for doing it but i need to know does the injector need to be turning before i use the slidehammer tool :confused::confused::confused::confused:
Good luck fella,they are tight as,yes in reply to your post,try to get the injector turning in the head if you can first,wd40 it and give it time to soak in and i mean a day or so.

·
Registered
9 Posts
slide hammers are a waste of time and money !!!

as jimmer said these can be really tight and can also break up on removal

slide hammers usually just tear off the thread from the top of the injector and your even worse off

you need a proper puller for injector removal these days like mine :d:d

and plenty of expierience getting them out when they break up

tony

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought a slidehammer and soaked the injector in wd40 and carb cleaner for a few days and it came out no problem with the slidehammer. Think i had a bit of luck on my side.:d:d:d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts