Independent Renault Forums banner

Injectors failing one after another

854 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Dancingdad 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2007 Megane 1.5 dci 85 with 100 000 miles on the clock.

Last weekend I had the car serviced (oil, filter, air filter and diesel filter) and I have driven the car for 60km (about 40 miles). On Monday I was driving to work and the engine started failing, doing lots of smoke and stopped (Injection problem error came up).
The car was towed to a garage and they diagnosed a faulty injector and replaced it + installed a new diesel filter again. I drove the car for about 1 mile and the engine started failing again (anther injector stopped working). In the garage they decided to fit the remaining 3 new injectors and one of them stopped working again. They think the diesel pump is working fine and detected that the fuel pressure is slightly higher than normal, but they still do not know if that is what is causing this problems.

Has anybody had a similar problem or an idea of what might be happening with the car?

Thank you.

#5 ·
If the mechanic is guessing he is doing it with your money.
Injectors rarely fail in this fashion without good reason.
Multiple injectors, fuel contamination has to be a strong contender.

Checking the fuel filter or drawing of a sample of fuel, after filter, letting it settle and seeing what appears in the bottom.
As Noel says, a magnet will show if iron/steel fragments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.