Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
renault trafic cut out on road renault said number 4 injector u/s new one fitted by mechanic not running take electrics of top runs on three put elecs back wont run does injector need programing to van please help

G

·
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

It depends on what fuel system you have fitted as some need to have the injectors programed to the ECU though it should still run initially?

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
If you can borrow a noid light to test if the wiring going to the injector is pulsing correctly it may help narrow down the problem.

It seems as if the fuel rail pressure is dropping too low or going to high - either of which will cause the engine to stop or prevent it from starting.

I take it the correct injector was changed - remembering Renaults number their cylinders from the flywheel end - just a thought.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS GUYS got van back after renault saying injector then mechanic snapping injector in head he took head off i spent 100 pound getting machined out all back together still not running he then says renault says it is faulty ecu 580 plus vat so he gives me bill for 1200 pound for work done starts to remove ecu and finds chaffed wire joins it tapes it up now runs perfect all that hassle three weeks later all for a bloody broke cable any one want to buy 06 van new cam belt 3750 all yours i looking for small van astra size good luck guys with your reaults

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Hindsight is a woderful thing but just for information to any other member who comes across this thread.

A simple test with a noid light would have saved a lot of time and money.

Glad you got it sorted Martin although it turned out to be expensive.

Many thanks for the update.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.