Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2000 Renault Clio and i am re fitting the original renault radio, i have the code but i am unsure of how to input the code, i believe i have to use the stalk, the only problem is is that the stalk is not working, is there any other way to input the code? thanks

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

As far as I know the only way of entering the code is via the stalk.Just to double check,the stalk wires are connected into the back of the stereo correctly are they?.

If the stalk is faulty,I'm not sure how you'd go about putting the code in.There must be a way some how.Hopefully someone else will be able to help more.:eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for your help, i am replacing a sony stereo i had in the car which did run off the stalk, i took out the auto lead i had to buy to enable me to run it off the stalk, i have connected the power cable, the black connectors, and a yellow connector, however there is a connection spare - highlighted with the colour blue next to where the yellow lead is connected, is this the stalk lead?

SEE LINK : http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL931/3780057/7804226/181828563.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Me again

The connector you circled is the cd changer socket see link :-

TLCDCEmu - Hardware

The yellow connector does the display and remote.

If you follow the cable from the remote it is plugged into a socket behind the display.

(thanks for the rep points. :) )

:) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts