Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Renault Megane Dynamique II 2006 AUTOMATIC 2.0 16v F4R.

It is a Brazillian model... Here, the cars did'nt came with TPMS tyre sensors, because it's not yet a law as in Europe or US.

But i want to install a TPMS system on it...

So, what would i need to install such a system on my Megane II?

Does all Meganes comes prepared to TPMS? All i need is the pressure sensor? Does the car need any other special device, such a receiver or something?

Please help.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
hi think it was a option on some megs as my 57 plate cc has not got them fitted, and normal on the top spec 1s :d:d i take it you will need the sensors and some type of recever im sure some 1 will answer your q very soon all i will say is i have heard alot moaning about they have to get them reset if they change a wheel how true this is i dont know

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi think it was a option on some megs as my 57 plate cc has not got them fitted, and normal on the top spec 1s :d:d i take it you will need the sensors and some type of recever im sure some 1 will answer your q very soon all i will say is i have heard alot moaning about they have to get them reset if they change a wheel how true this is i dont know
Thanks hoochy. I really want to know that. It would be great to have that "builtin" into the car dashboard...

The sensors are quite easy to find, ebay sells them for U$40 a piece. Quite expensive, but if they do work, and battery is replaceble it's worth it.

Brazillian streets sucks, not well taken care... On winter rains the streets seems to be made of "sugar" they "Melt" into f****** holes :p

So i want a TPMS so i can detect if a big hole i eventually run over end up loosing some air pressure.

If this hack end up to be "impossible" or inviable, i will buy a Retro-Fit TPMS + Parking Sensor kit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, you are saying that in order to have the TPMS system i need the sensors and the diagnostic equipment? Well the diagnostic equipment my local Renault dealer has it.

I'm pretty sure their equipment can set up it. The majority of the Renault Replacement Parts and equipments have "Made in France" on the box and devices so i think is the same or equipment used on Europe.

I have a good relationship with my local Renault Dealer and i could have a chat with the mechanics and to make sure the diagnostic tool have a TPMS Set Up Option on it...

What i need to know, is about the TPMS radio signal receiver...

I think, as the car originally does not have the TPMS sensors, i'm not sure if my car alredy has a receiver...

I'm not even sure if the receiver is somehow "built-in" the ECU computer or fuse box or something... That's what i need to know and did not find this information anywhere.

If that's not the case i want to know if i can buy the genuine Renault TPMS Receiver (if this part really "exists" or it's really builtin somewhere in the car electronics) i Googled it a lot but was unable to find a part number for it or somewhere selling one.

If i could find some Renault Technical Note or Repair Manual for the Megane II TPMS system it could give me some clues...

Does anyone have?

Thank you!

G

·
I think you will find that the wiring loom might be different between TPMS and non TPMS cars? I know that to have a faulty pressure sensor costs over £100 per wheel :eek: and need to be set up with dealer diagnostic equipment that is why I think it would be cheaper to fit an after market system or maybe even change the car for one that has it already installed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.