Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, :)

I drive an 06 plate Dynamique S ClioIII (new shape) but am not happy with the supportiveness of the front seats. I am considering swapping the seats for some proper sports seats but have no experience of this at all. :confused:

Can anyone give me advice on the pros and cons of this please and any experiences would be gratfully received.

Thank you,

Mr Mon.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Mon - if your car is still under warranty be careful you don't infringe the terms of any warranty you may have. Additionally there may be issues with the airbag and seat-belt tensioner systems.:)

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi, as Noel says ... warranty issues ahead, also for the Clio III you need the Renault CLIP computer to disable the belt pre-tensioners, and air bags etc before the seat can be removed.... otherwise they may detonate (hopefully not) and the possibility of the dash lighting up like a christmas tree, with service and airbag faults that require a Renault dealer to reset/disable ... (cant see them doing it though.)

Also if you change the seats you may also have an insurance issue, as the airbags and other safety equipment has been removed ..... best check with your insurance underwriter department ... not customer services, who are usually useless with this kind of request.

Tread carefully :cool:

Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ClioIII Seats

Hi,

Thanks for the info, sounds like a lot of trouble! Think I will put up with the current seats and make sure I don't buy another Clio with this seat type, rather than risk the problems you mention.

That's why I asked,

Thank you,

Mr Mon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts