Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Need to replace both front wiper motors on the wife's 2010 grand scenic. If I buy direct from Renault, can I just fit, connect and use or do I need to do anything else? Any advice would be great, trying to avoid main dealer labour costs.

·
Registered
576 Posts
That's wiper blades, he wants to change electric motor. One motor, never saw two of them to move two wipers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's wiper blades, he wants to change electric motor. One motor, never saw two of them to move two wipers
Yep, 2 motors on mk3 grand scenic. Easy enough to change but making sure I can just put them straight in the car, which I'm assuming I can.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Of course.
I was waiting for somebody smarter as I never saw a car with 2 wiper motors. But yes, I believe that these motors are clear swap.

No need for programing into computer, this type of parts usually do not appear in diagnostics. There are motors with electronic parts in them (I know VW T5) but also not on diagnostics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course.
I was waiting for somebody smarter as I never saw a car with 2 wiper motors. But yes, I believe that these motors are clear swap.

No need for programing into computer, this type of parts usually do not appear in diagnostics. There are motors with electronic parts in them (I know VW T5) but also not on diagnostics.
Thanks for the help. Obviously don't want to mess anything up as they're expensive, or at least I think they are (£269 each)

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,199 Posts
To initialise wiper motor, with ignition on, turn wiper stalk from 0 to 1 then 1 to 0, turn ignition off,,,
Now disconnect multi plug .....
Dont put the wiper arms on, as your initial settings will be different.
Reconnect your multiplug .
To initialise wiper motor, with ignition on, turn wiper stalk from 0 to 1 then 1 to 0, turn ignition off,,,
Now turn ignition on, and pull the stalk down, this will put the wiper motor in service position ( where you put it to change the blades, straight up position ) , in this position, now put your wiper arm on,.
Once done,, put switch into off position, wipers will return to normal position...
See if that sorts it...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Ours.
Does this mean that the wiper motors are controlled by the computer?
Not pure electric, put 12V on them and they will work?

Treag.
Whatever you do, last thing is to put the wiper arms on.
Before that, make sure that motors are turning into right direction and that complete the turn and stay in the starting position.

·
38,199 Posts
Drivers side controls passenger side
Own computers inside as such

JUST follow the way I have written instructions

Motors will be set in correct place .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now disconnect multi plug .....
Dont put the wiper arms on, as your initial settings will be different.
Reconnect your multiplug .
Now turn ignition on, and pull the stalk down, this will put the wiper motor in service position ( where you put it to change the blades, straight up position ) , in this position, now put your wiper arm on,.
Once done,, put switch into off position, wipers will return to normal position...
See if that sorts it...
Thanks. I did this a while ago and it did work for a couple of weeks but same problem occurred. Have since had both motors out, cleared the scuttle drains and reconnected. I thought this had solved it but passenger side stopped working completely and the drivers side only works intermittently, no matter what speed selected.

·
38,199 Posts
You could take a gamble on just the drivers side first, see if this cures it
Drivers side is the master
Passenger side is the Slave
Master tells slave what to do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts