Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everybody,

I have an issue and I was wondering whether it has occurred to anybody else. The backlight in the instrument cluster flickers in a specific area, namely the lower right side of the rev counter and the lower left side of the speedo. The flickering occurs only in this area (the fuel and temperature gauges in between are ok) and only when the dimmer is at its higher (brighter) setting. If I lower the brightness it doesn't flicker. I forgot to mention that I'm referring to a 2011 Renault Laguna 1.5 dci TomTom edition. Any ideas?

And while we're at that, One more question...could anyone guide me through the removal of the instrument cluster of a my Laguna 3 1.5 dci? If I was to remove it, would it be possible to detach the plastic cover so that I could clean the inside of the cluster?

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
hello i had this problem but on the left side of my rev counter on my renault megane dci and i took it back to renault who after keeping it for 4 hours told me the cluster was faulty luckily the car was still under warranty so they replaced the whole unit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello i had this problem but on the left side of my rev counter on my renault megane dci and i took it back to renault who after keeping it for 4 hours told me the cluster was faulty luckily the car was still under warranty so they replaced the whole unit
Hello and thanks for the reply. I hope this is not the case here as my Laguna is not under warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,540 Posts
Wha'? :crazy: Just a loose bulb surely?

My trip LCD backlight is like this sometimes, especially in Winter, sometimes I have to rap on it with a knuckle to get it working... that's what makes me think it's a loose contact.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I would have though bulbs too. Cheap enough to make it worth trying? Are the existing LED's? When on the way out they can behave like that. A Haynes manual will show you how to remove the cluster. Worth investing in one IMHO.

·
Premium Member
3,540 Posts
Don't think mine is LED's ~ in any case the behaviour is deffo like loose bulb. Or dirty contacts, whatever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts