Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, newbie to the forum,have just had the dreaded 04 scenic 2 dash going blank for no reason. Sent it away for repair and was pleased to see all was working when returned bar the radio code display which was missing (0000). The radio has power but there is no way to input the code without the display, my question is has the dash repair caused the radio to not recognise the dash ? I'm told that if the clock works it should be ok for radio . Any info would be much appreciated

·
Super Moderator
13,630 Posts
Have you turned the radio on?
My display is blank too, with it off.
If you aren't getting a display. How do you know it has power?
Are you seeing button lights?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, sorry wasn't making it very clear, there is no display for the radio code at all ! The rest of the dash all works ,the radio lights up and has feed to it and beeps when you push buttons as if asking for code and the CD mechanism can be heard when you push the eject button but without the display it's impossible to code in. I wondered whether the repair has involved changing a component on the dash that now prevents the radio and dash recognising one another?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have recently bought an 05 plate grand scenic and having the same issue. No sound from radio even though it lights up and ejects cds. I push buttons on the radio and get a loud beep and that's it. The clock and temperature is displayed on the dash board but nothing about code for the radio. The dashboard has previously been replaced so could it be a loose connection or the dashboard going faulty again? Also would it be worth trying to disconnected the battery to see if that fixes the issue? Any help on this would be appreciated as is no fun having to drive with no music

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,761 Posts
have you left the radio and ignition switched on for 20 minutes , to see if this cures it ( Engine NOT running )
Doors shut interior lights will flatten the battery!

·
Registered
12 Posts
have you left the radio and ignition switched on for 20 minutes , to see if this cures it ( Engine NOT running )
No. Not with the engine off, will give that a try and then if not disconnect the battery and see if that makes a difference

·
Registered
12 Posts
No. Not with the engine off, will give that a try and then if not disconnect the battery and see if that makes a difference
Well have tried having the ignition on for 20 but made no difference to the radio. Still no display on the dash or anything

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all, I had resigned myself to sending the cluster back for a re-repair, so I removed the cluster from the dash and just for good measure, even though I had checked the plugs and pins for tight fitting when i had initially fitted it back from the repair, i once again tugged the plugs and wires (all tight), but the lever arm on the red plug had not quite locked down over the little tab properly, only maybe 2mm if that, so I clicked it in and the code 0000 display is back and the radio works a treat. So lesson learned, make sure its fully locked in on the tab, can't believe that the rest of the cluster all worked and just not the radio.Thanks once again for all suggestions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts