Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, on my new Initiale, one of the rear door blinds has been cut off. I phoned Renault to get an idea of how much it would be for a replacement, but according to them, my car never had them fitted! :crazy: Does anyone know where I'd be able to get a replacment from?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i think your best bet and cheaper bet will be from a breakers or fleecebay, i hope this helps Donald

·
Registered
64 Posts
Both of my rear window blinds were broken on my Laguna privilege sport tourer So I asked my dealer how much for replacements got the same reply :Your car was not fitted with them: So I pointed out that the car was parked out side and would he like to have a look at it, guy says, no, according to the vin number your car does not have them. Just then one of the sales staff walked by and said ,theres one on the sales lot and its fitted with rear blinds, Bingo, The parts guy had a look at it and then decided to search the part numbers for them. Then came back and told me £295 for one side and £300 for the other:crazy: Well after I picked my self up off the floor it turns out that you have to buy the full door cards as the blinds cant be repaired and its all one unit.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi as said before your best bet is a breakers yard they will sell a complete door for around £40-60,most breakers do not like to just sell the door card as they are then left with door that is useless to them if you know what i mean;) but you might be lucky and be able to salvage one from a door that has been damaged but the door card in one piece with blind fitted,cheers Donald.

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ta guys - was hoping that I didn't have to replace the whole door card. Looks like I'll be scouting Ebay for matching door cards to mine then!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts