Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Renault Megane 1.6 dci 2012 and last year I had the dpf done . However there was a slight air leak on the intercooler top pie and recently things got worse with an oil leak at the outlet to the intercooler pipe and the car loses power and eventually stops and it takes 30 minutes sitting there waiting for it to cool down and she starts but soon it goes into a stall again. I have bought an intercooler as advised for it, but the 1.6 model is very difficult to find a replacement intercooler pipe. Renault dealer wants nearly €250 for a replacement part. Any suggestions for a Renault breaker either in UK or France maybe. Furthermore my mechanic tells me that when those parts are placed he still doesn't know what is causing this stalling and cutting out problem . Any ideas on this too.? I have photos of the engine and also a photo of the part in the Renault catalogue along with the part number if that helps cheers

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,026 Posts
why would this be an intercooler problem
Can you explain the logic to us

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,510 Posts
Okay, I know that air leaks on the inlet side can lead to overfueling which can lead to DPF issues.
I also know that oil leaks inside the intercooler aren't good, could be turbo issue for instance.

But am also confused as to why you are specifically blaming this pipe.
Any diagnostics that may explain why?

Given what you have said re the stop, stall and wait, I'd be more thinking on a sensor failing when hot...TDC or Cam sensor???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts