Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
The driver had apparently been to a local depot and left with his tipper raised, the overhead sign gantry was the first thing he hit. Happened in the very early hours this morning and the bloody road is still shut. Corsa driver was unhurt as far as I understand but may need new pants.:)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The driver had apparently been to a local depot and left with his tipper raised, the overhead sign gantry was the first thing he hit. Happened in the very early hours this morning and the bloody road is still shut. Corsa driver was unhurt as far as I understand but may need new pants.:)
Under xrays you can clearly see the skid marks
on the road.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
the driver was lucky his truck never turned over on the first turning as the truck was top heavy.he may have accidently engaged the pto switch,he would'nt have noticed the body rising while driving in a straight line on the flat.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
the driver was lucky his truck never turned over on the first turning as the truck was top heavy.he may have accidently engaged the pto switch,he would'nt have noticed the body rising while driving in a straight line on the flat.

I know nothing about trucks, Is there not a warning light or buzzer to indicate body in the raised or down position ?

Regards

Ottoman
:)

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Surely on modern trucks like this there is a mechanism that prevents the body rising while in motion .

(what is the bet hat the driver was an ex Manchester bus driver who is Polish )

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
on the older trucks they had a lever,a bit later they had a small pull and lift type of handle to engage the pto.i do not work on tippers myself i know a few drivers who do,looking at the picture,you can only see the tipping body and not the tractor unit.i assume there is somekind of saftey device on a modern truck to prevent this from happening,but this would have to be manually operated,as a tipper is tipping the load pushes the vehicle forwards.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The king pin on the 5th wheel of the tractor should have prevented it from uncoupling. Bet the corsa now has a new interior colour

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
The local radio reports said the lorry had suffered some "hydraulic problems" ??
We had to go through to Stirling and the blinking roads were all full of the traffic being diverted round the accident. It took us ages to do what was normally a 5 min journey.
Glad the Corsa driver is ok though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The king pin on the 5th wheel of the tractor should have prevented it from uncoupling. Bet the corsa now has a new interior colour
What pics are you looking at to see an uncoupled trailer :confused:

In fact where does it say anything about a tractor and trailer, Have I missed something :confused:
It could have been a rigid 18 tonner.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts