Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do all lags have the interior lights underneath the rear of the front seats, i was just wondering as in the manuel i show you how to change the bulbs? mine doesn`t have it but i dont know if the bulbs have just blown, not been out yet to check as its belting down with rain.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Unlucky, drive down to Cornwall, the sun is shining here at the moment.

I posted the same question a few weeks ago.
Apparently not - even the UK initiale specs do not appear to have under seat lighting. It is obviously only something on the continent.

You should have lighting on all four doors ,which "light up" the puddles for you so you don't step in them, they are red and white lights on the inner bottom half of the door trims.
Also there should be lighting in the front footwells. Along with all the other roof mounted interior lights.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have changed all my interior lights to blue leds, I know I'm too old for this sort of thing but, it does look cool. LOL

A

·
0 Posts
Karlos I am serious when I say that I want some aswell.

Where did you get them ( or what type are they ) and are they easy to fit ?

No lexus lights though..

·
Registered
89 Posts
I got mine off ebay.....the seller is in Hong Kong, but they arrived in 5 days....the festoon type have got 9 leds in them you need two of these (39mm), one for the front and one for the rear interior lights.....they were £2.60 each.

The others were for the footwells and doors, these are the capless (501) push in type and are the 6 led type for £3.00 for two, you need 6 of them in total. 2 for the footwells and 4 for the doors. The seller is called J P Warden, my mate has bought some and again he got them very quickly.

They are simple to fit , just a case of a direct replacement.

Here is a link to J P Warden's ebay shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/warden-jp2002

I must say they really look great, when you unlock the car with the remote from far away in the dark, you get a bright blue glow,they really highlight my full grey leather trim. ;) Not bad for around £15 with postage. :d

Have Fun.. :)

A

·
0 Posts
Excellent post sir and many many thanks for the link..Will post some pictures when I get mine fitted.. He he..

One question - My laguna has one central front interior light with one either side in the rear it has two interior lights above the passengers and one at the far rear ?

Are you refering to Laguna II 2001-2005
Laguna Phase I 1994-1997
Laguna Phase II 1998-2001

·
Registered
89 Posts
Glad to help......

Your Laguna Tourer has the big moonroof and two lights in the back for the passengers. My Laguna is a 1.8 Privilege 2002 hatchback. I have just looked at my handbook and these are the same festoon bulbs as in the front central one. So you need 3 of the festoon ones not 2. Boy that will look even better with 2 led bulbs in the rear.

I will take a photo later when its dark and post it here, well I'll try, it might be hard to show the total effect. Some kids that were hanging around the other night were very impressed when it all lit up blue, they said it looked cool.....they then said "you want to put neons underneath the car too"...LOL I said "I'm too old for doing that kind of thing".....that made me feel even older...

A

·
0 Posts
Well I only ordered two but I think I will need four altogether..

1 - Front
2 - Rear Passengers
1 - Rear load area

Only one more thing - what about the heat from these led bulbs ?

If they are the new high intensity led I know these can get extremely hot.

I presume you have not noticed dripping flames of molten renault interior light fixture plastic falling from your headlining yet ?

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Leds do not get as hot as ordinary filament bulbs, however I don't know how much heat would be generated by these high intensity leds tightly strung together in a small area. As long as the leds are ce marked and approved for use in your vehicle then there shouldn't be a problem. Leds also draw much less current than normal filament bulbs as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
SportTourer is correct in saying that leds draw less current than filament bulbs..

They do get hot, but not as hot as a filament bulb. On the festoon led bulbs there are little vents on the other side for some heat to escape. As the interior lights are not on for long periods of time there is no problem. If you want to read something at night, just use the map reading lights, as these I have left the standard clear bulbs in there.

In my laguna I have one front interior light, which is now a blue led, and either side of this light I have map reading lights, I have the same in the rear. I was thinking of changing the mirror lights behind the sunvisiors, but this is going too far...LOL

I tried to take some pictures last night, but my digi camera could not pick up enough light for a decent picture...Oh Well...

No melting or burning smell noticed.....its safe.... :)

Are you doing the door lights too....the red/white light will change to scarlet/blue...

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Are you going to replace the red leds in the front courtesy light/map reading light console, the ones that illuminate the gear leaver when the lights are on?
Blue leds would look good, don't know if they would be too bright tho, the red provides more of a glow so not to distract you when driving.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi ST...no its too much hassle to change the red leds, as you will have to get the soldering iron out I would have thought.....

A

·
0 Posts
Karlos did you pay the extra for postal insurance ?

How long did it take for them to arrive ?

I am patient as I have ordered stuff from HK before and they took around 7 days to arrive but curious.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Lag II, I did not take the extra insurance, the bulbs are only a few quid anyway......

They turned up after around 5 working days. Dont worry they will arrive..

Are you doing the door lights too ? I did, It adds to the blue effect.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts